Background and activities
Marianne Ryghaug, holds a PhD in Political Science and is full Professor of Science and Technology Studies at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and leads the Center for Energy, Climate and Environment at the Department of Interdisiplinay studies of Culture, NTNU. She was Co-Director of Centre for Studies of Sustainable Energy (CenSES), a national centre for environment-friendly energy research from 2009-2019.
Marianne has been engaged in energy and climate related research since 1999 and has published widely on these topics in top international journals. Her areas of expertise include energy and climate policy, sustainability transitions and innovation policy, and studies of users, practices and public engagement. Ryghaug has a long track record for scholarly as well as practical experience with interdisciplinary research and research collaboration with industry and public authorities, both nationally and internationally. The last years her research has particularly been focused on research related to sociotechnical transions in the areas of smart grids, smart homes and cities, electric vehicles, transportation and sustainable mobility. Her research interest is in the interface between public participation and engagement, innovation and technology development and energy and climate policy.
Current Research Projects and Research Center involvement
- ACES Accelerating Energy- and Sustainability Transitions in Ports: from national visions to co-constructed transition Norwegian Research Council 2021-2025)
- DRIVERS Digitalization of the road sector and its consequences: the role of driving(Norwegian Research Council, 2018-2022) https://driversproject.org/
- CINELDI Center for intelligent electricity distribution (Norwegian Research Council, 2016 2024) https://www.sintef.no/projectweb/cineldi/
- NTRANS: Norwegian Centre for Energy Transition Strategies (Research Council of Norway, Starting October 2019 -2017) https://www.ntnu.edu/ntrans
- (Norhed II: 2021-2026)
- D4S: Digitalization for Sustainability: Home - D4S (digitalization-for-sustainability.com)
- Social License to Automate (IEA Users TCP DSM) Social License to Automate – UsersTCP
- SSH Centre, Horizon Europe project., 2022-2025.
Full list of publications: https://wo.cristin.no/as/WebObjects/cristin.woa/wa/fres?sort=ar&pnr=39728&la=no&action=sok