Background and activities
The focus of my research is clinical studies on paediatric rheumatology and epidemiological, clinical and experimental studies on chronic non-specific pain in adolescence.
Clinical research in paediatric rheumatology
Population-based studies on incidence, prevalence, course and long-term outcome in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), measures of disease activity, JIA-associated uveitis, and temporomandibular joint arthritis and damage. Clinical multicentre studies on paediatric rheumatologic conditions initiated by The Paediatric Rheumatology INternational Trials Organisation (PRINTO).
Epidemiologic studies on chronic non-specific pain in adolescence
Prevalence and associated factors, such as psychosocial factors, life style factors, perinatal factors, and puberty, and also associations with parental chronic pain based on The HUNT study. Clinical and experimental neurophysiological studies on pain perception and pain responses in adolescents/young adults with increased risk of chronic pain.
Medicine: General paediatrics, with special focus on paediatric rheumatology, growth and development, immunizations.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) MRI in the Assessment of TMJ-Arthritis in Children with JIA; Repeatability of a Newly Devised Scoring System. Academic Radiology.
- (2021) Fatigue in young adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis 18 years after disease onset: data from the prospective Nordic JIA cohort. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 19.
- (2021) P6 M-ficolin: A valuable biomarker to identify leukemia from juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Proceedings of the 27th European Paediatric Rheumatology Congress (PReS 2021): Virtual. 19-21 September 2021. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 19.
- (2021) Dental caries in children and adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and controls: a multilevel analysis. BMC Oral Health. vol. 21.
- (2021) Association of treatment procedures and resilience to symptom load three-years later in a clinical sample of adolescent psychiatric patients. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) P198 Biomarkers in juvenile idiopathic arthritis associated with inflammation and bone health. Proceedings of the 27th European Paediatric Rheumatology Congress (PReS 2021): Virtual. 19-21 September 2021. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 19.
- (2021) Suicidality, function and associated negative life events in an adolescent psychiatric population at 3-year follow-up. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 21.
- (2021) P48 No significantly different effect of etanercept and adalimumab on well-being in non-systemic JIA. Proceedings of the 27th European Paediatric Rheumatology Congress (PReS 2021): Virtual. 19-21 September 2021. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 19.
- (2020) Pain sensitivity in young adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a quantitative sensory testing study. Arthritis Research & Therapy. vol. 22:262.
- (2020) Pressure pain thresholds in young adults with juvenile idiopathic. Proceedings of the 26th European Paediatric Rheumatology Congress: Part 2. Virtual. 23 - 26 September 2020. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 18.
- (2020) Serum Vitamin D and Caries in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Journal of Dental Research. vol. 99 (Spec Iss A).
- (2020) Distinct interferon signatures and cytokine patterns define additional systemic autoinflammatory diseases. Journal of Clinical Investigation. vol. 130 (4).
- (2020) Prevalence of temporomandibular disorder in children and adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis – a Norwegian cross- sectional multicentre study. BMC Oral Health. vol. 20:282.
- (2020) Opportunistic infections in immunosuppressed patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: analysis by the Pharmachild Safety Adjudication Committee. Arthritis Research & Therapy. vol. 22 (1).
- (2020) Longterm Outcomes of Temporomandibular Joints in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: 17 Years of Followup of a Nordic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Cohort. Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 47 (5).
- (2020) Psychiatric morbidity, somatic comorbidity and substance use in an adolescent psychiatric population at 3-year follow-up. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2020) Uveitis in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis 18-Year Outcome in the Population-based Nordic Cohort Study. Ophthalmology (Rochester, Minn.).
- (2019) OP0201 Fatigue in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis after 18 years of follow-up. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 78.
- (2019) Long-term outcomes in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: 18 years of follow-up in the population-based Nordic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) cohort. Arthritis care & research. vol. 72 (4).
- (2019) Complement lectin pathway protein levels reflect disease activity in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: A longitudinal study of the Nordic JIA cohort. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 17:63.