Background and activities
I am an archaeologist working alpine snow patches and frozen cultural heritage in central Norway. I work with all aspects of snow patch archaeology- from field surveys and documentation, through lab studies and analyses to professional and public dissimination and network building.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Climate change and the deteriorating archaeological and environmental archives of the Arctic. Antiquity. vol. 92 (363).
- (2018) The chronology of reindeer hunting on Norway's highest ice patches. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 5:171738.
- (2016) Hunting High and Low: Postglacial Colonization Strategies in Central Norway between 9500 and 8000 cal BC. European Journal of Archaeology.
- (2016) Managing frozen heritage: Some challenges and responses. Quaternary International. vol. 402.
- (2014) Bronze Age Arrows from Norwegian Alpine Snow Patches. Journal of Glacial Archaeology. vol. 1.
- (2014) The Emergence of Glacial Archaeology. Journal of Glacial Archaeology. vol. 1 (1).
- (2013) Melting snow patches reveal Neolithic archery. Antiquity. vol. 87 (337).
- (2012) Central Norwegian Snow Patch Archaeology: Patterns Past and Present. Arctic. vol. 65.
- (2015) Exploitation of outfield resources - Joint Research at the University Museums of Norway. 2015. ISBN 9788278870426.
Part of book/report
- (2018) The challenge of developing sustainable heritage management and preservation strategies for perennial snow patch artefacts. Contribution of the SPARC Project. Proceedings of the 13th ICOM-CC Group on Wet Organic Archaeological Materials Conference: Florence 2016.
- (2016) The Snow Patch Archaeological Research Cooperation (SPARC): Climate change and vulnerable high mountain heritage artefacts. Proceedings of the 12th ICOM-CC Group on Wet Organic Archaeological Materials Conference Istanbul 2013.
- (2015) Chronological patterns among archaeological finds from snow patches in Central Norway 1914-2011. Exploitation of outfield resources - Joint Research at the University Museums of Norway.
- (2010) Northern Snow Patch Archaeology. A Circumpolar Reappraisal : The Legacy of Gutorm Gjessing (1906-1979).
- (2009) Archaeological Geophysics Workshop. Workshop notes. Stiklestad Nasjonale Kultursenter, 28th & 29th September 2009. 2009.
- (2007) On the Edge - a Survey of Early Mesolithic Informal Tools from Central Norway. 2007.