Background and activities
- Structural optimization of wind turbines
- Wave forces on structures
- Alternative concepts in wind energy (e.g. downwind, vertical axis, multi-rotor and floating turbines)
- Stochastic dynamics
- Massively parallel simulation
- Advanced analysis methods for dynamical systems
My research group
- DSF ABYSS: Advancing BeYond Shallow waterS - Optimal design of offshore wind turbine support structures
- H2020 AWESOME: Advanced Wind Energy Systems Operation and Maintenance Expertise
- FP7 Integrated Research Programme in Wind Energy
- Past President European Academy of Wind Energy (EAWE)
- Editor Journal of Ocean and Wave Energy
- Associate Editor Wind Energy Science
- Scientific Committee Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology (NOWITECH FME)
- Technical Program Committee ISOPE Renewable Energy & Environment Symposium
- Science & Research Topic Leader / Track Chair EWEA Annual Event and EWEA Offshore Conference
- TBA4275: Dynamic response to irregular loads (autumn)
- BA8607: Design of offshore wind turbines (spring)
Consulting, Proposals, Ideas
- Ask me
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Decision Support Models for Operations and Maintenance for Offshore Wind Farms: A Review. Applied Sciences. vol. 9 (2).
- (2018) Fatigue Damage on Offshore Wind Turbines by a Cell Mapping Method. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) On gradient-based optimization of jacket structures for offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 21 (11).
- (2018) Decoupled simulations of offshore wind turbines with reduced rotor loads and aerodynamic damping. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) The Impact of Maintenance Duration on the Downtime of an Offshore Wind farm - Alternating Renewal Process. International Journal of COMADEM. vol. 21 (3).
- (2018) Using a Langevin model for the simulation of environmental conditions in an offshore wind farm. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) Reducing the number of load cases for fatigue damage assessment of offshore wind turbine support structures using a simple severity-based sampling method. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) A global slamming force model for offshore wind jacket structures. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2018) Global slamming forces on jacket structures for offshore wind applications. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) Design optimization with genetic algorithms: How does steel mass increase if offshore wind monopiles are designed for a longer service life?. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2017) Breaking Solitary Waves and Breaking Wave Forces on a Vertically Mounted Slender Cylinder over an Impermeable Sloping Seabed. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy. vol. 3 (1).
- (2017) Lifetime extension for large offshore wind farms: Is it enough to reassess fatigue for selected design positions?. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Key performance indicators for wind farm operation and maintenance. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Mesh Parametric Study for Fatigue Assessment of Tubular K-joints using Numerical Methods. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Analytical sensitivities for statistically extrapolated extreme load constraints in structural optimization. Structural And Multidisciplinary Optimization. vol. 56 (6).
- (2017) Fatigue Crack Detection for Lifetime Extension of Monopile-based Offshore Wind Turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) A review of slamming load application to offshore wind turbines from an integrated perspective. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Inverse Estimation of Local Slamming Loads on a Jacket Structure. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 139 (6).
- (2017) Brief communication: Structural health monitoring for lifetime extension of offshore wind monopiles: can strain measurements at one level tell us everything?. Wind Energy Science. vol. 2.
- (2016) Hydrodynamic Characteristics and Geometric properties of Plunging and Spilling Breakers over Impermeable Slopes. Ocean Modelling. vol. 103.