Background and activities
- Structural optimization of wind turbines
- Wave forces on structures
- Alternative concepts in wind energy (e.g. downwind, vertical axis, multi-rotor and floating turbines)
- Stochastic dynamics
- Massively parallel simulation
- Advanced analysis methods for dynamical systems
My research group
- DSF ABYSS: Advancing BeYond Shallow waterS - Optimal design of offshore wind turbine support structures
- H2020 AWESOME: Advanced Wind Energy Systems Operation and Maintenance Expertise
- FP7 Integrated Research Programme in Wind Energy
- Past President European Academy of Wind Energy (EAWE)
- Editor Journal of Ocean and Wave Energy
- Associate Editor Wind Energy Science
- Scientific Committee Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology (NOWITECH FME)
- Technical Program Committee ISOPE Renewable Energy & Environment Symposium
- Science & Research Topic Leader / Track Chair EWEA Annual Event and EWEA Offshore Conference
- TBA4275: Dynamic response to irregular loads (autumn)
- BA8607: Design of offshore wind turbines (spring)
Consulting, Proposals, Ideas
- Ask me
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Breaking Solitary Waves and Breaking Wave Forces on a Vertically Mounted Slender Cylinder over an Impermeable Sloping Seabed. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy. vol. 3 (1).
- (2017) Analytical sensitivities for statistically extrapolated extreme load constraints in structural optimization. Structural and multidisciplinary optimization (Print). vol. 56 (6).
- (2017) Inverse Estimation of Local Slamming Loads on a Jacket Structure. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. vol. 139 (6).
- (2017) Brief communication: Structural health monitoring for lifetime extension of offshore wind monopiles: can strain measurements at one level tell us everything?. Wind Energy Science. vol. 2.
- (2016) Hydrodynamic Characteristics and Geometric properties of Plunging and Spilling Breakers over Impermeable Slopes. Ocean Modelling. vol. 103.
- (2016) Analytical gradient-based optimization of offshore wind turbine substructures under fatigue and extreme loads. Marine Structures. vol. 47.
- (2016) On Fatigue Damage Assessment for Offshore Support Structures with Tubular Joints. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Rational upscaling of a semi-submersible floating platform supporting a wind turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Influence of Soil Parameters on the Fatigue Lifetime of Offshore Wind Turbines with Monopile Support Structure. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Two-stage local optimization approach of lattice type support structures for offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 117.
- (2016) Safety Indicators for the Marine Operations in the Installation and Operating Phase of an Offshore Wind Farm. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Value of information of repair times for o shore wind farm maintenance planning. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Aerodynamic Simulation of the MARINTEK Braceless Semisubmersible Wave Tank Tests. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 749 (1).
- (2016) A Review and Comparison of Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Model Experiments. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Dynamics and design of floating wind turbines. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2016-January.
- (2016) Prospects of floating wind energy. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering. vol. 26 (2).
- (2016) Statistical properties of local slamming forces on a jacket structure in offshore wind applications. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2016-January.
- (2016) Long-term research challenges in wind energy - a research agenda by the European Academy of Wind Energy. Wind Energy Science. vol. 1.
- (2016) Fatigue reassessment for lifetime extension of offshore wind monopile substructures. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Effect of Load Sequence and Weather Seasonality on Fatigue Crack Growth for Monopile-based Offshore Wind Turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.