Background and activities
My current research lies at the intersection of linguistic theory, language and cognition, language learning and language comprehension across the life-span, and language and cognition in developmental deficits.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Can you tell it by the prime: A study of metaphorical priming in high-functioning autism in comparison with matched controls. International journal of language and communication disorders.
- (2017) THE INFLUENCE OF VISUAL CONTEXT AND IT-CLEFTS ON AMBIGUOUS PRONOUN PROCESSING IN NORWEGIAN CHILDREN. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. XVI (1).
- (2017) Understanding Language Development in the Digital Age. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- (2016) Can you play with fire and not hurt yourself? A Comparative study in figurative language comprehension between individuals with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Predictors of metaphorical understanding in high functioning autism. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. 15 (1).
- (2016) L1, quantity of exposure to L2 and reading disability as factors in L2 oral comprehension and production skills. Learning and individual differences. vol. 50.
- (2016) Strategies of readers with autism when responding to inferential questions: An eye movement study. Autism Research.
- (2016) Factor Structure of the Bulgarian CAST: (Childhood Autism Spectrum Test). Journal of Intellectual Disability - Diagnosis and Treatment. vol. 4 (2).
- (2015) Pathways to language: Same talent, different cognitive profiles. Vigo International Journal of Applied Linguistics. vol. 12.
- (2015) As naturalistic as it gets: Subtitles in the English classroom in Norway. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 6.
- (2015) Figurative language processing in atypical populations: The ASD perspective. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 9:24.
- (2014) Naturalistic acquisition in an early language classroom. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 5.
- (2014) Predictors of Reading in Urdu: Does Deep Orthography Have an Impact?. Dyslexia. vol. 20 (2).
- (2014) Links between phonological memory, first language competence and second language competence in 10-year-old children. Learning and individual differences. vol. 35.
- (2013) Morphology in autism spectrum disorders: Local processing bias and language. Cognitive Neuropsychology.
- (2012) Bjorn Hansen and Jasmina Grkovic-Major, Eds.: Diachronic Slavonic Syntax: Gradual Changes in Focus, Review. Journal of Slavic Linguistics. vol. 20 (2).
- (2012) No Evidence of L1 Path Encoding Strategies in the L2 in Advanced Bulgarian Speakers of Norwegian. Spatial Cognition and Computation. vol. 12 (4).
- (2012) Morphology in autism spectrum disorders: Local processing bias and language. Cognitive Neuropsychology. vol. 29 (7-8).
- (2012) Language against the odds, or rather not: The weak central coherence hypothesis and language. Journal of Neurolinguistics. vol. 25 (1).
- (2012) The role of input in early bilingual lexical development. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. XI (2).