Miriam Kilano Khider
Background and activities
My role is to help researchers at the Faculty of Engineering with international funding.
- By having a good overview of national and international (EU and others) funding opportunities, I will be able to help researchers to find suitable funding schemes within their field of interest.
- Lead and contribute to developing a research strategic and action plans, mainly for Horizon Europe, RCN and Early Career Researchers
- Develop annotated templates and writing tips for proposal writing (EU and RCN schemes)
- Develop applications/project proposals to EUs framework programs and associated programs (such as ERC, RIA, IA, MSCA (s), ERA-NET, EEA, and others) and to the Research Council of Norway.
- Assisting researchers in proposal writing to best address the evaluation criteria.
- Reviewing grant applications and proving feedback to optimise applications' chance of winning funding.
- Administrative support related to application and project management (pre and post-award) such as assisting with the EU portal administrative forms, grant agreement preparation process and the amendment process to the EC.
- Provide support during consortium agreement preparation in EU projects and other research projects
- Support and advice on career development
- Run workshops to train applicants in proposal writing and hold presentations on various topics related to funding opportunities.
- Develop handbooks and process notes to streamline administrative support
2019-2022: One-year program in Management and administration, Innlandet H.
2014-2019: Ph.D. in Medical Microbiology and Molecular genetics (Host-Pathogen interactions), UiT
2017-2019: Postgraduate teaching studies-practical pedagogical education (PPU), Nord University
2005-2011: M.Sc. (5-years integrated program) in biotechnology and molecular medicine, NTNU
2003-2004: One-year Biology, NV faculty, NTNU
1997-2000: Medical education (dentistry), Tver State Medical Academy-Russian Federation
2021: Senior EU Adviser and Research Support Coordinator, Faculty of Engineering (IV), NTNU
2021: Research adviser (EU/RCN) and Research Support Coordinator, Department of Public Health and Nursing, MH faculty, NTNU
2020: EU adviser and Grants office coordinator, Research Section, MH faculty, NTNU
2014-dd: Consultant, United Nation Migration Agency
2013-2014: Research assistance, The Arctic University of Norway
2012-2013: Principal engineer, WHO national influenza center for Norway, department of virology, FHI
2011-2012: Staff engineer, Department of Medical Microbiology (virology/bacteriology), Førde Hospital HF
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Quorum sensing in Aliivibrio wodanis 06/09/139 and its role in controlling various phenotypic traits. PeerJ. vol. 9.
- (2019) Exploring the transcriptome of luxI- and ΔainS mutants and the impact of N-3-oxo-hexanoyl-L- and N-3-hydroxy- decanoyl-L-homoserine lactones on biofilm formation in Aliivibrio salmonicida. PeerJ. vol. 2019.
- (2019) Differential expression profiling of ΔlitR and ΔrpoQ mutants reveals insight into QS regulation of motility, adhesion and biofilm formation in Aliivibrio salmonicida. BMC Genomics. vol. 20.
- (2018) The alternative sigma factor RpoQ regulates colony morphology, biofilm formation and motility in the fish pathogen Aliivibrio salmonicida. BMC Microbiology. vol. 18.
- (2019) Exploring Quorum Sensing Dynamics and Biofilm Formation in the Fish Pathogen Aliivibrio salmonicida. 2019.
- (2014) Cloning and Characteriza0on of PUFA operon form Shewanella, with focus on EPA and DHA production in Aliivibrio wodanis. BioStruct Annual Conferance 2014 . BioStruct; Jægtvolden. 2014-08-28 - 2014-08-31.
- (2014) Development of an expression host for cold-adapted enzymes. NorStruct Annual seminar 2014 . NorStruct; Sommarøy. 2014-01-09 - 2014-01-10.