Background and activities
Main areas of interest: sexual harassment, conflict and violence in close relationships, antisocial and aggressive behavior, ostracism, evolutionary social psychology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Individual differences in sociosexuality predict picture-based mobile dating app use. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 131.
- (2018) Why do women regret casual sex more than men do?. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 127.
- (2017) Sexual regret in US and Norway: Effects of culture and individual differences in religiosity and mating strategy. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 116.
- (2017) The effects of non-physical peer sexual harassment on high school students' psychological well-being in Norway: Consistent and stable findings across studies. International Journal of Public Health. vol. 63 (1).
- (2017) Advances in the understanding of same-sex and opposite-sex sexual harassment. Evolution and human behavior. vol. 38 (5).
- (2017) When less is more: Psychometric properties of Norwegian short-forms of the Ambivalent Sexism Scales (ASI and AMI) and the Illinois Rape Myth Acceptance (IRMA) Scale. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 58 (6).
- (2017) Forgiving the Unforgivable: Couples’ Forgiveness and Expected Forgiveness of Emotional and Sexual Infidelity From an Error Management Theory Perspective. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences.
- (2017) Punishment justifications in rape cases: a community study. Journal of Scandinavian Studies in Criminology and Crime Prevention. vol. 18 (2).
- (2016) Coy or not in naturally occurring encpunters? Biases in sexual misperception. HBES - Human Behavior and evolution society - 28th Annual Meeting - Conference programme and Book of Abstracts.
- (2016) Sexual Regret: Tests of Competing Explanations of Sex Differences. Evolutionary Psychology. vol. 14 (4).
- (2016) Forgiving the unforgivable: Bias in the infidelity forgiveness. HBES - Human Behavior and evolution society - 28th Annual Meeting - Conference programme and Book of Abstracts.
- (2016) Meaning and Inconsistencies of Meaning – Exploring The Perspectives of Norwegian Veterans in Afghanistan. Journal of Military Studies.
- (2015) Revisiting judgment of strategic self-promotion and competitor derogation tactics. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. vol. 32 (8).
- (2015) Jealousy: Evidence of strong sex differences using both forced choice and continuous measure paradigms. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 86.
- (2015) In search of moderators of sex differences in forced-choice jealousy responses: Effects of 2D:4D digit ratio and relationship infidelity experiences. Nordic Psychology. vol. 67 (4).
- (2014) Evidence of systematic bias in sexual over- and underperception of naturally occurring events: A direct replication of Haselton (2003) in a more gender-equal culture. Evolutionary Psychology. vol. 12 (5).
- (2014) Voldtektsmyter og kjønnssjåvinisme blant norske lekdommere og fagdommere. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 51 (1).
- (2014) Attitudes toward rape and attribution of responsibility to rape victims in a Norwegian community sample. Nordic Psychology. vol. 66 (3).
- (2014) Jealousy: Evidence of comparably strong sex Differences using forced Choice and continuous measures paradigms. 26th Human Behavior and Evolution Society Conference - Program and Abstracts.
- (2014) Adolescent Mate Choice Project: A Comparison between Brazil and Norway. 26th Human Behavior and Evolution Society Conference - Program and Abstracts.