Background and activities
Main areas of interest: sexual harassment, conflict and violence in close relationships, antisocial and aggressive behavior, ostracism, evolutionary social psychology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) How Intercourse Frequency Is Affected by Relationship Length,Relationship Quality, and Sexual Strategies Using Couple Data. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences.
- (2019) Gender differences in factors associated with symptoms of depression among high school students: an examination of the direct and indirect effects of insomnia symptoms and physical activity. Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine. vol. 7 (1).
- (2018) Forgiving the Unforgivable: Couples’ Forgiveness and Expected Forgiveness of Emotional and Sexual Infidelity From an Error Management Theory Perspective. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. vol. 12 (4).
- (2018) Individual differences in sociosexuality predict picture-based mobile dating app use. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 131.
- (2018) Why do women regret casual sex more than men do?. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 127.
- (2017) Sexual regret in US and Norway: Effects of culture and individual differences in religiosity and mating strategy. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 116.
- (2017) The effects of non-physical peer sexual harassment on high school students' psychological well-being in Norway: Consistent and stable findings across studies. International Journal of Public Health. vol. 63 (1).
- (2017) Advances in the understanding of same-sex and opposite-sex sexual harassment. Evolution and human behavior. vol. 38 (5).
- (2017) When less is more: Psychometric properties of Norwegian short-forms of the Ambivalent Sexism Scales (ASI and AMI) and the Illinois Rape Myth Acceptance (IRMA) Scale. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 58 (6).
- (2017) Punishment justifications in rape cases: a community study. Journal of Scandinavian Studies in Criminology and Crime Prevention. vol. 18 (2).
- (2016) Sexual Regret: Tests of Competing Explanations of Sex Differences. Evolutionary Psychology. vol. 14 (4).
- (2016) Meaning and Inconsistencies of Meaning – Exploring The Perspectives of Norwegian Veterans in Afghanistan. Journal of Military Studies.
- (2015) Revisiting judgment of strategic self-promotion and competitor derogation tactics. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. vol. 32 (8).
- (2015) Jealousy: Evidence of strong sex differences using both forced choice and continuous measure paradigms. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 86.
- (2015) In search of moderators of sex differences in forced-choice jealousy responses: Effects of 2D:4D digit ratio and relationship infidelity experiences. Nordic Psychology. vol. 67 (4).
- (2014) Evidence of systematic bias in sexual over- and underperception of naturally occurring events: A direct replication of Haselton (2003) in a more gender-equal culture. Evolutionary Psychology. vol. 12 (5).
- (2014) Voldtektsmyter og kjønnssjåvinisme blant norske lekdommere og fagdommere. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 51 (1).
- (2014) Attitudes toward rape and attribution of responsibility to rape victims in a Norwegian community sample. Nordic Psychology. vol. 66 (3).
- (2013) Social judgment of aggressive language: Effects of target and sender sex on the evaluation of slurs. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 54 (3).
- (2013) Do Victimization Experiences Accentuate Reactions to Ostracism? An Experiment Using Cyberball. International journal of developmental science. vol. 7 (1).
- (2013) Cyberball The Impact of Ostracismon the Well-Being of Early Adolescents. Swiss Journal of Psychology. vol. 72 (2).
- (2012) Sociosexuality as predictor of sexual harassment and coercion in female and male high school students. Evolution and human behavior. vol. 33 (5).
- (2011) Exposure to teacher bullying in schools: A study of patients with personality disorders. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 65 (5).
- (2006) Joining and leaving gangs: Selection and facilitation effects on self-reported antisocial behavior in early adolescence. European Journal of Criminology. vol. 3 (1).
- (2003) Variety and frequency scales of antisocial involvement: Which one is better?. Legal and Criminological Psychology. vol. 8.
- (1999) Measurement of antisocial behaviour in adolescence: psychometric properties and substantive findings. Criminal behaviour and mental health. vol. 9.
- (2016) En oppdatert kunnskapsstatus om seksuell trakassering blant elever i ungdomsskolen og videregående opplæring. 2016. ISBN 978-82-8094-020-9.