Background and activities
My main research activity is in the translational field between computational transcriptomics and metabolomics, gene regulation and prostate cancer. For this research we collaborate with Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging and Department of Urology at St. Olavs Hospital. Current research activity revolves around three directions):
In addition I am also co-leading a work-package in ELIXIR Norway, where my responsibility is to prioritize and identify pipelines and workflows, mainly from Next Generation Sequencing. These are implemented in a shared user environment (NeLS – Norwegian e-infrastructure for Life Sciences) to make them more easily available for the research community with less knowledge of bioinformatics.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) SFRP4 gene expression is increased in aggressive prostate cancer. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:14622.
- (2017) APIM-peptide targeting PCNA improves the efficacy of docetaxel treatment in the TRAMP mouse model of prostate cancer. OncoTarget.
- (2016) Presence of TMPRSS2-ERG is associated with alterations of the metabolic profile in human prostate cancer. OncoTarget.
- (2016) A novel non-canonical Wnt signature for prostate cancer aggressiveness. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (6).
- (2016) A balanced tissue composition reveals new metabolic and gene expression markers in prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (4).
- (2016) Phosphatase of regenerating liver 3 (PRL-3) is overexpressed in human prostate cancer tissue and promotes growth and migration. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 14 (71).
- (2015) ClusTrack: Feature extraction and similarity measures for clustering of genome-wide data sets. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (4).
- (2015) The constrained maximal expression level owing to haploidy shapes gene content on the mammalian X chromosome. PLoS biology. vol. 13:e1002315 (12).
- (2014) A promoter-level mammalian expression atlas. Nature. vol. 507 (7493).
- (2014) Gene signatures ESC, MYC and ERG-fusion are early markers of a potentially dangerous subtype of prostate cancer. BMC Medical Genomics. vol. 7 (50).
- (2014) Chromatin states reveal functional associations for globally defined transcription start sites in four human cell lines. BMC Genomics. vol. 15 (1).
- (2013) The Genomic HyperBrowser: an analysis web server for genome-scale data. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 41 (W1).
- (2013) Identification of serum microRNA profiles in colon cancer. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 108 (8).
- (2012) Cell-type specificity of ChIP-predicted transcription factor binding sites. BMC Genomics. vol. 13.
- (2012) The Triform algorithm: improved sensitivity and specificity in ChIP-Seq peak finding. BMC Bioinformatics. vol. 13.
- (2012) Preprocessing of electrophoretic images in 2-DE analysis. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems. vol. 117 (August).
- (2011) The Use of Chemometrics to Analyse Protein Patterns from Gel Electrophoresis. Acta Chromatographica. vol. 23 (1).
- (2011) A ChIP-Seq Benchmark Shows That Sequence Conservation Mainly Improves Detection of Strong Transcription Factor Binding Sites. PLoS ONE. vol. 6 (4).
- (2011) A manually curated ChIP-seq benchmark demonstrates room for improvement in current peak-finder programs. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 39 (4).
- (2011) Clustered ChIP-Seq-defined transcription factor binding sites and histone modifications map distinct classes of regulatory elements. BMC Biology. vol. 9.