Background and activities
Dr.ing. from NTNU (former NTH), Trondheim 1994. Senior scientist at ABB Corporate Research, Oslo, Norway from 1995 to 2002. Professor at NTNU from 2002.
- TET 4195: High voltage equipment. Power transformers. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TET4195
- TET 4200: Maritime and offshore power systems. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TET4200
- TET 5100: Applied Electromagnetics in Power Engineering. http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TET5100
- EP8411 "Hydropower Plants; Selected Interdiciplinary Topics" http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/EP8411
- ET8104 "Transformer Design" http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/ET8104
- Electric machines with focus on hydropower generators and windpower generators
- Electromagnetic analysis and design (FEM-analysis)
- Subsea power system modelling (Electric heating of flowlines)
- ET8104 - Transformer Design
- EP8411 - Hydropower Plants; Selected Interdiciplinary Topics
- TET5100 - Electromagnetic Analysis in Power Engineering
- TET4195 - High Voltage Equipment
- ET6201 - Value based maintenance of hydropower generator
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Comprehensive Broken Damper Bar Fault Detection of Synchronous Generators. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 69 (4).
- (2021) Pattern Recognition of Inter-Turn Short Circuit Fault in a Synchronous Generator using Magnetic Flux. IEEE transactions on industry applications.
- (2021) Advanced Fault Detection of Synchronous Generators using Stray Magnetic Field. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print).
- (2021) Static and Dynamic Eccentricity Fault Diagnosis of Large Salient Pole Synchronous Generators by means of External Magnetic Field. IET Electric Power Applications. vol. 15 (7).
- (2021) Performance Evaluation of Signal Processing Tools Used for Fault Detection of Hydro-generators Operating in Noisy Environments. IEEE transactions on industry applications.
- (2021) Intelligent Data-driven Diagnosis of Incipient Inter-turn Short Circuit Fault in Field Winding of Salient Pole Synchronous Generators. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. vol. 18 (5).
- (2021) Testing of an MgB<inf>2</inf> coil for a wind turbine generator pole. Physica. C, Superconductivity. vol. 587.
- (2021) Eddy Current Loss in Grain-Oriented Steel Laminations due to Normal Leakage Flux. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 57 (6).
- (2021) Power losses in the three-phase three-limb transformer due to common and differential mode of dc-bias. IET Electric Power Applications. vol. 15 (11).
- (2021) The influence of multidirectional leakage flux on transformer core losses. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 539.
- (2020) Apparatus for loss measurements under multidirectional and dc-bias flux in electrical steel laminations. Review of Scientific Instruments. vol. 91.
- (2020) Fourier-based effective permeability for transformer iron losses computation under saturation. IET Electric Power Applications. vol. 14 (13).
- (2019) Computation of transformer iron losses under saturation using the Fourier method Part 2: Stray loss. IEEE Xplore digital library.
- (2018) Fabrication of a scaled MgB2 racetrack demonstrator pole for a 10 MW direct drive wind turbine generator. IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity (TAS). vol. 28:5207105 (4).
- (2018) Influence of Converter Topology and Carrier Frequency on Airgap Field Harmonics, Magnetic Forces, and Vibrations in Converter-Fed Hydropower Generator. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 54 (3).
- (2018) Electromagnetic analysis and electrical signature-based detection of rotor inter-turn faults in salient-pole synchronous machine. IEEE transactions on magnetics. vol. 54 (9).
- (2018) Variable-speed operation of hydropower plants: past, present, and future. IEEE Industry Applications Magazine. vol. 24 (5).
- (2017) Review of Partial Discharge and Dielectric Loss Tests for Hydropower Generator Bars. Proceedings of the Nordic Insulation Symposium. vol. 25.
- (2017) Design optimization of ironless multi-stage axial-flux permanent magnet generators for offshore wind turbines. Engineering optimization (Print). vol. 49 (5).
- (2016) Statistical analysis of dielectric breakdown of liquid insulated printed circuit boards. IEEE transactions on dielectrics and electrical insulation. vol. 23 (4).