Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The Story of a Steep River: Causes and Effects of the Flash Flood on 24 July 2017 in Western Norway. Water. vol. 13 (12).
- (2020) How extreme can unit discharge become in steep Norwegian catchments?. Hydrology Research. vol. 51 (2).
- (2016) Changes to freshwater systems affecting Arctic infrastructure and natural resources. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Biogeosciences. vol. 121 (3).
- (2015) Weather SDM: estimating snow density with high precision using snow depth and local climate. Hydrology Research. vol. 46 (4).
- (2006) The physical environment of Kongsfjorden-Krossfjorden, an Arctic fjord system in Svalbard. Polar Research.
- (2004) Modelling the snow distribution at two high arctic sites at Svalbard, Norway, and at an alpine site in central Norway. Hydrology Research. vol. 35 (3).
- (2004) Estimating latent heat over a melting arctic snow cover. Hydrology Research. vol. 35 (3).
- (2003) Regional Variations of Snow Accumulation on Spitsbergen, Svalbard, 1997-99. Hydrology Research. vol. 34 (1).
- (2003) Snow research in Svalbard–an overview. Polar Research. vol. 22 (2).
- (2002) Glacial mass balance of Austre Brøggerbreen (Spitsbergen), 1971–1999, modelled with a precipitation-run-off model. Polar Research. vol. 21 (1).
- (2002) An Energy Balance Based HBV-Model with Application to an Arctic Watershed on Svalbard, Spitsbergen. Hydrology Research. vol. 33 (2).
- (2001) Energy and water balance studies of a snow cover during snowmelt period at a High Arctic site. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. vol. 70 (1).
- (2001) Snow Distribution at a High Arctic Site at Svalbard. Hydrology Research. vol. 32 (1).
- (2001) Improved Measurements and Analysis of Spatial Snow Cover by Combining a Ground Based Radar System With a Differential Global Positioning System Receiver. Hydrology Research. vol. 32 (3).
- (2000) Snow and blue-ice distribution patterns on the coastal Antarctic Ice Sheet Article. Antarctic Science. vol. 12 (1).
- (1999) Below-surface ice melt on the coastal Antarctic ice sheet. Journal of Glaciology. vol. 45 (150).
- (1999) Meltwater production in Antarctic blue-ice areas: sensitivity to changes in atmospheric forcing. Polar Research. vol. 18 (2).
- (1998) Application of Georadar for Snow Cover Surveying. Hydrology Research. vol. 29 (1).
- (1998) Snow accumulation distribution on Spitsbergen, Svalbard, in 1997. Polar Research. vol. 17 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2022) Hydropower in Cold Regions. Comprehensive Renewable Energy 2nd Edition.