Background and activities
Professor in clinical adult psychology, statistics and psychometrics. Clinical psychologist, and educated in Metacognitive Therapy (MCT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Research interest: resilience, psychmetrics, anxiety, depression, clinical treatment treials using MCT and CBT, developmental psychopathology, and nevorpsychological aspects related to psychopathology
Head of research at Department of Psychology, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Prospective relations between loneliness in different relationships, metacognitive beliefs, worry and common mental health problems. Mental health & prevention.
- (2020) Protective and vulnerability factors in self-esteem: The role of metacognitions, brooding, and resilience. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) Positive and negative metacognitions about alcohol: Validity of the Norwegian PAMS and NAMS. Addictive Behaviours. vol. 108 (106466).
- (2020) Forekomst, variasjon og kjønnsforskjeller av depressive symptomer blant barn og unge som deltar i ulike fritidsaktiviteter, en tverrsnittstudie. Nordisk tidsskrift for helseforskning.
- (2019) Measuring Resilience Across Australia and Norway: Validation and Psychometric Properties of the English Version of the Resilience Scale for Adults. European Journal of Psychological Assessment.
- (2019) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Metacognitive Therapy for Depression: Analysis of 1-Year Follow-Up. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Kan fysisk aktivitet og deltakelse i kulturaktiviteter dempe utvikling av depresjon blant barn og unge?. Psykologi i kommunen (PIK).
- (2019) UPRIGHT, a resilience-based intervention to promote mental well-being in schools: Study rationale and methodology for a European randomized controlled trial. BMC Public Health. vol. 19:1413.
- (2019) Can the attention training technique reduce stress in students? A controlled study of stress appraisals and meta-worry. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10 (1532).
- (2019) What lies beneath trait-anxiety? Testing the Self-Regulatory Executive Function Model of vulnerability. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10:122.
- (2019) A test of the goodness of fit of the generic metacognitive model of psychopathology symptoms. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 19 (1).
- (2019) Danger- and non-danger-based stressors and their relations to posttraumatic deprecation or growth in Norwegian veterans deployed to Afghanistan. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. vol. 10 (1).
- (2019) Metacognitive therapy for depression: A 3-year follow-up study assessing recovery, relapse, work force participation, and quality of life. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Psychoeducational Groups versus Waitlist in Treatment of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity/Impulsivity Disorder (ADHD) in Adults: A Protocol for a Pilot Randomized Waitlist-Controlled Multicenter Trial. BMC Pilot and Feasibility Studies.
- (2019) Resilience as a predictive factor towards a healthy adjustment to grief after the loss of a child to cancer. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (3).
- (2018) Specificity in mediated pathways by anxiety symptoms linking adolescent stress profiles to depressive symptoms: Results of a moderated mediation approach. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 228.
- (2018) Stress of home life and gender role socializations, family cohesion, and symptoms of anxiety and depression. Women & health. vol. 58 (5).
- (2018) Emotion regulation and its relation to symptoms of anxiety and depression in children aged 8–12 years: does parental gender play a differentiating role?. BMC Psychology. vol. 6:42.
- (2018) Metacognitive therapy versus cognitive–behavioural therapy in adults with generalised anxiety disorder. BJPsych Open. vol. 4 (5).
- (2018) Metacognitive therapy vs. eye movement desensitization and reprocessing for posttraumatic stress disorder: Study protocol for a randomized superiority trial. Trials. vol. 19 (16).