Background and activities
Professor in clinical adult psychology, statistics and psychometrics. Clinical psychologist, and educated in Metacognitive Therapy (MCT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Research interest: resilience, psychmetrics, anxiety, depression, clinical treatment treials using MCT and CBT, developmental psychopathology, and nevorpsychological aspects related to psychopathology
Head of research at Department of Psychology, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Clinical characteristics of patients seeking treatment for common mental disorders presenting with workplace bullying experiences. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Change in Physical Activity During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Lockdown in Norway: The Buffering Effect of Resilience on Mental Health. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) Interpersonal stress, anxiety and depressive symptoms: Results from a moderated mediation analysis with resilience. Ansiedad y Estrés. vol. 26.
- (2020) Prospective relations between loneliness in different relationships, metacognitive beliefs, worry and common mental health problems. Mental health & prevention. vol. 19.
- (2020) Temporal and Reciprocal Relations Between Worry and Rumination Among Subgroups of Metacognitive Beliefs. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11 (551503).
- (2020) Work-focused therapy for common mental disorders: A naturalistic study comparing an intervention group with a waitlist control group. Work : A journal of Prevention, Assesment and rehabilitation. vol. 66 (3).
- (2020) Protective and vulnerability factors in self-esteem: The role of metacognitions, brooding, and resilience. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Resilience Moderates Negative Outcome from Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Moderated-Mediation Approach. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 17 (18).
- (2020) The relationship between resilience and loneliness elucidated by a Danish version of the resilience scale for adults. BMC Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2020) Psychometric properties of the Resilience Scale for Adolescents (READ) and Measurement Invariance Across Two Different German-Speaking Samples. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Positive and negative metacognitions about alcohol: Validity of the Norwegian PAMS and NAMS. Addictive Behaviours. vol. 108 (106466).
- (2020) Forekomst, variasjon og kjønnsforskjeller av depressive symptomer blant barn og unge som deltar i ulike fritidsaktiviteter, en tverrsnittstudie. Nordisk tidsskrift for helseforskning. vol. 16 (1).
- (2020) Examining 3-month test-retest reliability and reliable change using the Cambridge Neuropsychological Test Automated Battery. Applied neuropsychology: Adult.
- (2020) Change in personality traits and facets (Revised NEO Personality Inventory) following metacognitive therapy or cognitive behaviour therapy for generalized anxiety disorder: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- (2020) Co-creation and regional adaptation of a resilience-based universal whole-school program in five European regions. European Educational Research Journal. vol. 0 (00).
- (2020) Development and validation of the theory-driven School Resilience Scale for Adults: Preliminary results. Children and Youth Services Review. vol. 119.
- (2020) Social support and disclosure of war-zone experiences after deployment to Afghanistan—Implications for posttraumatic deprecation or growth. Traumatology. vol. 26 (4).
- (2020) Validity of a Norwegian version of the Desire Thinking Questionnaire (DTQ): Associations with problem drinking, nicotine dependence and problematic social media use. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- (2020) Subgroups of long-term sick-listed based on prognostic return to work factors across diagnoses – A cross-sectional latent class analysis. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2020) The psychometric of the Adult Resilience Doughnut Model, a solution focused, ecological model of resilience. Journal of Solution Focused Practices. vol. 4 (2).