Background and activities
Øivind Strand is professor in innovation and co-leader for research at department of international business, NTNU Ålesund. He is educated with a degree in mechanical engineeringer from Telemark university college and a DR. Scient (PhD) from the university of Oslo. He has 10 yers experience from maritime industry and engineering. His research interests relate to Triple Helix Innovation theory, Regional development, and Entrepreneurship. He is the project leader for the TEFT-lab project, a collaboration between NTNU and Sparebanken Møre.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Entrepreneurship education as an arena for career reflection: the shift of students' career preferences after a business planning course. Education + Training.
- (2019) The Synergy and Cycle Values in Regional Innovation Systems: The Case of Norway. Foresight and STI Governance. vol. 13 (1).
- (2019) Entrepreneurial ecosystems and scale-up in rural regions. XXVIII ISPIM Conference Proceedings.
- (2018) An Eco-Systems Approach to Constructing Economic Complexity Measures: Endogenization of the Technological Dimension Using Lotka-Volterra Equations. Advances in Complex Systems.
- (2017) Economic and technological complexity: A model study of indicators of knowledge-based innovation systems. Technology Forecasting and Social Change. vol. 120.
- (2017) What Is the Effect of Synergy Provided by International Collaborations on Regional Economies?. Journal of the Knowledge Economy. vol. 10 (1).
- (2017) Technological Innovation Capability and Interaction Effects in a Scandinavian Industry Cluster. International Journal of Innovation Management. vol. 21 (5).
- (2016) Are there any role models for female entrepreneurs?. Journal Advances in Higher Education. vol. 7.
- (2016) Decomposing the Triple-Helix synergy in the regional innovation systems in Norway, firm data and patent networks. Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology.
- (2014) Diploma students and entrepreneurship education; emotional challenges and the role of knowledge management. Journal Advances in Higher Education. vol. 6 (1).
- (2014) Entrepreneurship education and the Triple Helix theory. Journal Advances in Higher Education. vol. 6 (1).
- (2013) "Brain Drain" or "Brain Gain"? Students' Loyalty to their Student Town: Field Evidence from Norway. European Planning Studies. vol. 21 (6).
- (2013) The Swedish System of Innovation: Regional Synergies in a Knowledge-Based Economy. Journal of The American Society For Information Science And Technology. vol. 64 (9).
- (2013) Entrepreneurship and practical skills. Journal Advances in Higher Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2013) Can entrepreneurship be cultivated?. Journal Advances in Higher Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2013) What do we know and what should we know? : A literature review of quasi-experimental research on entrepreneurship education. Journal Advances in Higher Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2013) Where is synergy indicated in the Norwegian innovation system? Triple-Helix relations among technology, organization, and geography. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. vol. 80 (3).
- (2012) Triple-Helix relations and potential synergies among technologies, industries, and regions in Norway. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 52.
- (2011) Safety attitudes and safety ambivalence among officers from the Philippines and Norway. Safety Science Monitor. vol. 13 (1).
- (2015) Fragmentering eller mobilisering? : regional utvikling i Nordvest : Fjordantologien 2014. Forlag1. 2015. ISBN 978-82-8285-087-2.