Background and activities
I’m a professor in Microbial Ecology with general interest in aquatic ecosystems - both natural and un-natural (human created).
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibility
- Professor in microbial ecology
- Leader of the research group "Analysis and Control of Microbial Systems"
- Teaches TBT4110 Microbiology, BT8101 Microbial Ecology,
- Involved in the projects MIRA, MicStaTech, MICRO-Feed, MicroMucus, EurOmega, DIACIL
I’m a professor in Microbial Ecology with general interest in aquatic ecosystems - both natural and un-natural (human created). Besides basic aspects, I’m interested in applied microbial ecology which can be placed under the heading Environmental Biotechnology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Lipid and DHA-production in Aurantiochytrium sp. – Responses to nitrogen starvation and oxygen limitation revealed by analyses of production kinetics and global transcriptomes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Microorganisms in ballast water: Disinfection, community dynamics, and implications for management. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 657.
- (2019) The Significance of Mesophilic Aeromonas spp. in Minimally Processed Ready-to-Eat Seafood. Microorganisms. vol. 7 (91).
- (2019) Dietary fatty acid source has little effect on the development of the immune system in the pyloric caeca of Atlantic salmon fry. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (27).
- (2019) Influence of rate of salinity increase on nitrifying biofilms. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 238.
- (2019) Loss of ALBINO3b insertase results in truncated light-harvesting antenna in diatoms. Plant Physiology. vol. 181.
- (2019) Microbial dynamics in RAS water: Effects of adding acetate as a biodegradable carbon-source. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 84.
- (2019) Unique photosynthetic electron transport tuning and excitation distribution in heterokont algae. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Effect of hydroxamate and catecholate siderophores on iron availability in the diatom Skeletonema costatum: Implications of siderophore degradation by associated bacteria. Marine Chemistry. vol. 209.
- (2019) Influence of nitrogen limitation on lipid accumulation and EPA and DHA content in four marine microalgae for possible use in aquafeed. Frontiers in Marine Science.
- (2018) Transcriptional regulation of lipid metabolism when salmon fry switches from endogenous to exogenous feeding. Aquaculture. vol. 503.
- (2018) Inactivation of marine heterotrophic bacteria in ballast water by an Electrochemical Advanced Oxidation Process. Water Research. vol. 140.
- (2018) Changes in microbial water quality in RAS following altered feed loading. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 81.
- (2018) Effect of Siderophore on Iron Availability in a Diatom and a Dinoflagellate Species: Contrasting Response in Associated Bacteria. Frontiers in Marine Science. vol. 5 (118).
- (2018) Bacterial community composition responds to changes in copepod abundance and alters ecosystem function in an Arctic mesocosm study. The ISME Journal. vol. 12 (11).
- (2018) Managing the microbial community of marine fish larvae: a holistic perspective for larviculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) K-selection as microbial community management strategy: A method for improved viability of larvae in aquaculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Rearing water treatment induces microbial selection influencing the microbiota and pathogen associated transcripts of Cod (Gadus morhua) Larvae. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (MAY).
- (2017) Dynamic responses to silicon in Thalasiossira pseudonana - Identification, characterisation and classification of signature genes and their corresponding protein motifs. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Changes in the microbial community of an anammox consortium during adaptation to marine conditions revealed by 454 pyrosequencing. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 101 (12).