Background and activities
Øyvind Solberg (1961) is a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences. He is a member of the Algebra Group. Professor Solberg has a Cand.mag, Cand.scient and a Dr.Scient degree from NTNU.
Recent Work Experience
- 1997- Professor, dept. of mathematical sciences, NTNU
- 1992-1997 Associate Professor, NTNU
- 1989-1992 Researcher, The Norwegian State Administration Database
- 2009 Universität Paderborn, Germany. Oxford University, England
- 2008 Ioannina University, Greece. Nagoya University, Japan
- 2004 Virginia Tech
- 2003 University of Leeds, University of Leicester, England. Universität Paderborn, Germany
- 1997 Virginia Tech, USA
- 1996 Universität Bielefeld, Germany
- 1987 and 1990/92 Brandeis University, USA
- American Mathematical Society
- Norwegian Mathematical Society
- Det kongelige Norske Videnskabers Selskab (DKNVS)
- DKNVS Akademiets prize for young researchers, 1992
Øyvind Solberg has supervised 8 graduated doctoral candidates, and supervising 1 PhD candidate from the beginning of July/August 2017.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) On the structure and cohomology ring of connected Hopf algebras. Journal of Algebra. vol. 527.
- (2019) Support varieties—an axiomatic approach. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2018) Auslander-Gorenstein algebras and precluster tilting. Advances in Mathematics. vol. 326.
- (2018) Going relative with Maurice—a survey. Contemporary Mathematics. vol. 716.
- (2016) On the diagonal subalgebra of an Ext-algebra. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. vol. 221.
- (2014) Gorenstein categories, singular equivalences and finite generation of cohomology rings in recollements. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 1.
- (2011) Radical cube zero selfinjective algebras of finite complexity. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. vol. 215 (7).
- (2011) Radical cube zero weakly symmetric algebras and support varieties. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. vol. 215 (2).
- (2011) Artin-Schelter regular algebras and categories. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. vol. 215 (4).
- (2010) Relative support varieties. Quarterly Journal of Mathematics. vol. 61 (2).
- (2010) Graded and Koszul categories. Applied Categorical Structures. vol. 18 (6).
- (2010) Noetherianity and Gelfand-Kirillov dimension of components. Journal of Algebra. vol. 323 (5).
- (2009) Serre duality for Artin-Schelter regular K-categories. International Journal of Algebra. vol. 3 (8).
- (2008) Multiplicative structures for Koszul algebras. Quarterly Journal of Mathematics. vol. 59.
- (2008) Noetherianity and Ext. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. vol. 212 (7).
- (2007) Support varieties - an ideal approach. Homology, Homotopy and Applications. vol. 9 (1).
- (2007) Infinite dimensional tilting modules over finite dimensional algebras. London Mathematical Society Lecture Notes.
- (2007) An algorithmic approach to resolutions. Journal of symbolic computation. vol. 42 (11-12).
- (2006) Support varieties for modules and complexes. Contemporary Mathematics. vol. 406.
- (2006) The Hochschild cohomology ring modulo nilpotence of a monomial algebra. Journal of Algebra and its Applications. vol. 5 (2).