Pål Keim Olsen
Background and activities
I currently have these PhD project topics available for students who are interested in the Faculty Funding scheme:
- Power electronic module design (link will be available soon)
All projects are related to a high voltage machine concept called ModHVDC.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Control and fault handling in a modular series-connected converter for a transformerless 100 kv low-weight offshore wind turbine. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 50 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2014) The effect of DC superimposed AC Voltage on Partial Discharges in Dielectric Bounded Cavities. 2014 International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application - ICHVE.
- (2013) Modelling of Partial Discharges in Polymeric Insulation Exposed to Combined DC and AC Voltage. Proceedings of the 23rd Nordic Insulation Symposium - NORDI-IS13.
- (2012) A transformerless generator-converter concept making feasible a 100 kV low weight offshore wind turbine Part II - The converter. IEEE ECCE 2012. Proceedings of Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Raleigh 2012.
- (2012) A Transformerless generator-converter concept making feasible a 100 kV light weight offshore wind turbine: Part I - The generator. IEEE ECCE 2012. Proceedings of Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Raleigh 2012.
- (2008) A Power Conversion System for Offshore Wind Parks. A Power Conversion System for Offshore Wind Parks.