Pål Richard Romundstad
Background and activities
Pål Romundstad is Vice Dean for Research at the Faculty of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology at the Department of Public Health and General Practice at NTNU. He also holds a position as Research Adviser at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital.
Main Research Interests:
- Cancer epidemiology
- Reproduction and pregnancy
- Life course and intergenerational studies
- Mendelian Randomisation
Previous academic positions:
- Research fellow, The Cancer registry of Norway, Oslo
- Post.doc and scientist (epidemiology), NTNU, Trondheim
- Dr. Philos., NTNU (2001)
- MSc in Chemistry, (1989)
Weedon-Fekjær H, Romundstad PR, Vatten LJ. Modern mammography screening and breast cancer mortality: population study. BMJ 2014;348:g3701
Romundstad PR, Magnussen EB, Smith GD, Vatten LJ.Hypertension in pregnancy and later cardiovascular risk: common antecedents? Circulation. 2010 Aug 10;122(6):579-84.
Romundstad LB, Romundstad PR, Sunde A, During V, Skjærven R, Gunnell D, Vatten LJ. Perinatal outcome after assisted fertilisation: effects of technology or maternal factors? Lancet 2008;372:737-743.
Magnussen EB, Vatten LJ, Lund-Nilsen TI, Salvesen KA, Davey Smith G, Romundstad PR. Prepregnancy cardiovascular risk factors as predictors of pre-eclampsia: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2007;335:978.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Does caesarean delivery in the first pregnancy increase the risk for adverse outcome in the second? A registry-based cohort study on first and second singleton births in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (8).
- (2019) OP0201 Fatigue in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis after 18 years of follow-up. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 78.
- (2019) Clinical performance of Anyplex II HPV28 by human papillomavirus type and viral load in a referral population. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Evidence of a causal relationship between body mass index and psoriasis: A mendelian randomization study. Nature Methods. vol. 16:e1002739 (1).
- (2019) The effect of an exercise program in pregnancy on vitamin D status among healthy, pregnant Norwegian women: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 19:76.
- (2019) Association of Conventional Cardiovascular Risk Factors with Cardiovascular Disease after Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy: Analysis of the Nord-Tr?ndelag Health Study. JAMA cardiology. vol. 4 (7).
- (2019) Random error units, extension of a novel method to express random error in epidemiological studies. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Effects of Obesity Surgery on Overall and Disease-Specific Mortality in a 5-Country Population-Based Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 157 (1).
- (2019) Development and course of chronic widespread pain: the role of time and pain characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Pain. vol. 160 (9).
- (2019) Risk Factors for Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms and Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in a Prospective Population-Based Study. Stroke. vol. 50 (10).
- (2019) Female sex hormones and risk of incident abdominal aortic aneurysm in Norwegian women in the HUNT study. Journal of Vascular Surgery. vol. 70 (5).
- (2019) Systematic assessment of prescribed medications and short-term risk of myocardial infarction - a pharmacopeia-wide association study from Norway and Sweden. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Colon and rectal cancer risk after bariatric surgery in a multicountry Nordic cohort study. International Journal of Cancer.
- (2019) The effect of smoking intensity on all-cause and cause-specific mortality-a Mendelian randomization analysis. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 48 (5).
- (2018) Early self-reported pain in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) is related to long-term outcomes. Results from the Nordic JIA cohort study. Arthritis care & research. vol. 71 (7).
- (2018) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D supplement and asthma control: The HUNT study. Respiratory Medicine. vol. 136.
- (2018) Confounding by ill health in the observed association between BMI and mortality: Evidence from the HUNT Study using offspring BMI as an instrument. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 47 (3).
- (2018) Elective induction of labor: A prospective observational study. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (11).
- (2018) Alterations in the Vitamin D endocrine system during pregnancy: A longitudinal study of 855 healthy Norwegian women. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0195041 (4).
- (2018) The impact of parity on life course blood pressure trajectories: the HUNT study in Norway. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE).