Background and activities
Pål Romundstad is Vice Dean for Research at the Faculty of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology at the Department of Public Health and General Practice at NTNU. He also holds a position as Research Adviser at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital.
Main Research Interests:
- Cancer epidemiology
- Reproduction and pregnancy
- Life course and intergenerational studies
- Mendelian Randomisation
Previous academic positions:
- Research fellow, The Cancer registry of Norway, Oslo
- Post.doc and scientist (epidemiology), NTNU, Trondheim
- Dr. Philos., NTNU (2001)
- MSc in Chemistry, (1989)
Weedon-Fekjær H, Romundstad PR, Vatten LJ. Modern mammography screening and breast cancer mortality: population study. BMJ 2014;348:g3701
Romundstad PR, Magnussen EB, Smith GD, Vatten LJ.Hypertension in pregnancy and later cardiovascular risk: common antecedents? Circulation. 2010 Aug 10;122(6):579-84.
Romundstad LB, Romundstad PR, Sunde A, During V, Skjærven R, Gunnell D, Vatten LJ. Perinatal outcome after assisted fertilisation: effects of technology or maternal factors? Lancet 2008;372:737-743.
Magnussen EB, Vatten LJ, Lund-Nilsen TI, Salvesen KA, Davey Smith G, Romundstad PR. Prepregnancy cardiovascular risk factors as predictors of pre-eclampsia: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2007;335:978.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Clinical performance of Anyplex II HPV28 by human papillomavirus type and viral load in a referral population. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Evidence of a causal relationship between body mass index and psoriasis: A mendelian randomization study. Nature Methods. vol. 16:e1002739 (1).
- (2019) The effect of an exercise program in pregnancy on vitamin D status among healthy, pregnant Norwegian women: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 19:76.
- (2019) Association of Conventional Cardiovascular Risk Factors with Cardiovascular Disease after Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy: Analysis of the Nord-Tr?ndelag Health Study. JAMA cardiology. vol. 4 (7).
- (2019) Random error units, extension of a novel method to express random error in epidemiological studies. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Development and course of chronic widespread pain: the role of time and pain characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Pain. vol. 160 (9).
- (2019) Female sex hormones and risk of incident abdominal aortic aneurysm in Norwegian women. Journal of Vascular Surgery.
- (2019) Systematic assessment of prescribed medications and short-term risk of myocardial infarction - a pharmacopeia-wide association study from Norway and Sweden. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2018) Early self-reported pain in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) is related to long-term outcomes. Results from the Nordic JIA cohort study. Arthritis care & research. vol. 71 (7).
- (2018) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D supplement and asthma control: The HUNT study. Respiratory Medicine. vol. 136.
- (2018) Confounding by ill health in the observed association between BMI and mortality: Evidence from the HUNT Study using offspring BMI as an instrument. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 47 (3).
- (2018) Elective induction of labor: A prospective observational study. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (11).
- (2018) Alterations in the Vitamin D endocrine system during pregnancy: A longitudinal study of 855 healthy Norwegian women. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0195041 (4).
- (2018) The impact of parity on life course blood pressure trajectories: the HUNT study in Norway. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE).
- (2018) Life course trajectories of cardiovascular risk factors in women with and without hypertensive disorders in first pregnancy: The HUNT study in Norway. Journal of the American Heart Association. vol. 7 (15).
- (2018) Pain sensitivity and thermal detection thresholds in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight or small for gestational age at term compared with controls. Journal of Pain. vol. 19 (8).
- (2018) Development and course of chronic pain over 4 years in the general population: The HUNT pain study. European Journal of Pain. vol. 22 (9).
- (2018) White blood cell BRCA1 promoter methylation status and ovarian cancer risk. Annals of Internal Medicine. vol. 168 (5).
- (2018) 743 HUNTing for genes that affect inflammatory skin disease in 4,071 cases and 40,430 controls. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. vol. 138 (5).
- (2018) Risk of esophageal adenocarcinoma after antireflux surgery in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease in the Nordic countries. JAMA Oncology. vol. 4 (11).