Pål Richard Romundstad
Background and activities
Pål Romundstad is Vice Dean for Research at the Faculty of Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology at the Department of Public Health and General Practice at NTNU. He also holds a position as Research Adviser at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital.
Main Research Interests:
- Cancer epidemiology
- Reproduction and pregnancy
- Life course and intergenerational studies
- Mendelian Randomisation
Previous academic positions:
- Research fellow, The Cancer registry of Norway, Oslo
- Post.doc and scientist (epidemiology), NTNU, Trondheim
- Dr. Philos., NTNU (2001)
- MSc in Chemistry, (1989)
Weedon-Fekjær H, Romundstad PR, Vatten LJ. Modern mammography screening and breast cancer mortality: population study. BMJ 2014;348:g3701
Romundstad PR, Magnussen EB, Smith GD, Vatten LJ.Hypertension in pregnancy and later cardiovascular risk: common antecedents? Circulation. 2010 Aug 10;122(6):579-84.
Romundstad LB, Romundstad PR, Sunde A, During V, Skjærven R, Gunnell D, Vatten LJ. Perinatal outcome after assisted fertilisation: effects of technology or maternal factors? Lancet 2008;372:737-743.
Magnussen EB, Vatten LJ, Lund-Nilsen TI, Salvesen KA, Davey Smith G, Romundstad PR. Prepregnancy cardiovascular risk factors as predictors of pre-eclampsia: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2007;335:978.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Fatigue in young adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis 18 years after disease onset: data from the prospective Nordic JIA cohort. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 19.
- (2021) Polymorphisms in the TP53-MDM2-MDM4-axis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Gene. vol. 793:145747.
- (2021) Survival after antireflux surgery versus medication in patients with reflux oesophagitis or Barrett's oesophagus: multinational cohort study. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 108 (7).
- (2020) Pain sensitivity in young adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a quantitative sensory testing study. Arthritis Research & Therapy. vol. 22:262.
- (2020) Pressure pain thresholds in young adults with juvenile idiopathic. Proceedings of the 26th European Paediatric Rheumatology Congress: Part 2. Virtual. 23 - 26 September 2020. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 18.
- (2020) Does caesarean delivery in the first pregnancy increase the risk for adverse outcome in the second? A registry-based cohort study on first and second singleton births in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (8).
- (2020) Life course trajectories of Maternal Cardiovascular Risk Factors according to Offspring Birthweight: The HUNT Study. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Reintervention or mortality within 90 days of bariatric surgery: population-based cohort study. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 107 (9).
- (2020) Normotensive preterm delivery and maternal cardiovascular risk factor trajectories across the life course: The HUNT Study, Norway. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica.
- (2020) Cancer Risk After Bariatric Surgery in a Cohort Study from the Five Nordic Countries. Obesity Surgery. vol. 30 (10).
- (2020) Laryngeal and Pharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma After Antireflux Surgery in the 5 Nordic Countries. Annals of Surgery.
- (2020) Antireflux surgery and risk of lung cancer by histological type in a multinational cohort study. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 138.
- (2019) OP0201 Fatigue in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis after 18 years of follow-up. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 78.
- (2019) Clinical performance of Anyplex II HPV28 by human papillomavirus type and viral load in a referral population. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Evidence of a causal relationship between body mass index and psoriasis: A mendelian randomization study. Nature Methods. vol. 16:e1002739 (1).
- (2019) The effect of an exercise program in pregnancy on vitamin D status among healthy, pregnant Norwegian women: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 19:76.
- (2019) Association of Conventional Cardiovascular Risk Factors with Cardiovascular Disease after Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy: Analysis of the Nord-Tr?ndelag Health Study. JAMA cardiology. vol. 4 (7).
- (2019) Random error units, extension of a novel method to express random error in epidemiological studies. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Effects of Obesity Surgery on Overall and Disease-Specific Mortality in a 5-Country Population-Based Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 157 (1).
- (2019) Development and course of chronic widespread pain: the role of time and pain characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Pain. vol. 160 (9).