Background and activities
Bruheim group focuses on Deep Phenotyping of prokaryotic and eukaryotic model systems using Advanced Cultivation Technology and Mass Spectrometry based Metabolomics, Fluxomics and Lipidomics (http://www.ntnu.edu/biotech/research/microbial-biotechnology/bruheim-lab). Bruheim is scientific leader of the NT faculty Mass Spectrometry lab (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab). We have developed a suite of target and non-target MS methods (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab/metabolomics) which we apply on a range of biological model systems and research questions.
Bruheim is leader of the 2-years and 5-years study programs in Biotechnology (MSBIOTECH and MBIOT5). He teaches in TBT4140 Biochemical Engineering, TBT4110 Microbiology, TKP4170/71 Process Designs, Projects Biochemical Engineering Plant Design, BT8120Prokaryote Molecular Biology and Synthetic Biology, MEDT8010 Metabolomics - Methods and Applications
Trond Mohn Stiftelse: “Targeting AMR by inhibition of bacterial stress responses” (2019-2023)
NTNU Biotechnology programme: “Chemically defined cell culture media” (2019-2022)
NTNU IBT PhD: “Inhibition of antibiotic resistance development through targeting bacterial translesion synthesis mechanism with novel peptide drugs” (2017-2022)
8-10 ad hoc Metabolomics/ Fluxomics Lipidomics projects (NT-faculty, NTNU, National, International)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Isolation and cultivation of primary muscle cells from Lobster (Homarus gammarus). In vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology-Animal. vol. 58 (6).
- (2022) Serum-free cultures of C2C12 cells show different muscle phenotypes which can be estimated by metabolic profiling. Scientific Reports. vol. 12.
- (2022) A comparative study at bioprocess and metabolite levels of superhost strain Streptomyces coelicolor M1152 and its derivative M1581 heterologously expressing chloramphenicol biosynthetic gene cluster. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. vol. 119.
- (2022) Nutrient-depended metabolic switching during batch cultivation of Streptomyces coelicolor explored with absolute quantitative mass spectrometry based metabolite profiling. 3 Biotech. vol. 12.
- (2022) Halogenated Pyrrolopyrimidines with Low MIC on Staphylococcus aureus and Synergistic Effects with an Antimicrobial Peptide. Antibiotics. vol. 11 (8).
- (2022) Overexpression of two new acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2-like acyl-CoA:sterol acyltransferases enhanced squalene accumulation in Aurantiochytrium limacinum. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 13.
- (2022) Experimental determination of Escherichia coli biomass composition for constraint-based metabolic modeling. PLOS ONE. vol. 17 (1).
- (2021) Phosphatase of Regenerating Liver-3 Regulates Cancer Cell Metabolism in Multiple Myeloma. The FASEB Journal.
- (2021) Combined Metabolome and Lipidome analyses for in-depth characterization of lipid accumulation in the DHA producing Aurantiochytrium sp. T66. Metabolites. vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) High throughput semi-quantitative UHPSFC-MS/MS lipid profiling and lipid class determination. Journal of Chromatographic Science. vol. 59 (7).
- (2021) The Ethanologenic bacterium Zymomonas mobilis divides asymmetrically and exhibits heterogeneity in DNA content. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 87 (6).
- (2021) The Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha and Interleukin 6 Auto-paracrine Signaling Loop Controls Mycobacterium avium Infection via Induction of IRF1/IRG1 in Human Primary Macrophages. mBio. vol. 12 (5).
- (2021) Diet and Life Stage-Associated Lipidome Remodeling in Atlantic Salmon. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. vol. 69 (12).
- (2021) Large dependency of intracellular NAD and CoA pools on cultivation conditions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BMC Research Notes. vol. 14 (1).
- (2021) Adaptation of central metabolite pools to variations in growth rate and cultivation conditions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbial Cell Factories.
- (2021) Plasma 3-hydroxyisobutyrate (3-HIB) and methylmalonic acid (MMA) are markers of hepatic mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in male Wistar rats. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids. vol. 1866 (4).
- (2021) Ethanologenesis and respiration in a pyruvate decarboxylase-deficient Zymomonas mobilis. BMC Research Notes. vol. 14.
- (2021) Impaired NDRG1 functions in Schwann cells cause demyelinating neuropathy in a dog model of Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 4D. Neuromuscular Disorders. vol. 31 (1).
- (2021) Nucleoside Analogues Are Potent Inducers of Pol V-mediated Mutagenesis. Biomolecules. vol. 11 (6).
- (2020) ETNK1 mutations induce a mutator phenotype that can be reverted with phosphoethanolamine. Nature Communications. vol. 11.