Per Terje Osmundsen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Tidal amplification and along‐strike process variability in a mixed‐energy paralic system prograding onto a low accommodation shelf, Edgeøya, Svalbard. Basin Research.
- (2020) Extensional tectonics rooted in orogenic collapse: Long-lived disintegration of the Semail Ophiolite, Oman. Geology. vol. 48 (3).
- (2020) Mesozoic-Cenozoic regional stress field evolution in Svalbard. Tectonics. vol. 39 (4).
- (2020) From orogeny to rifting: insights from the Norwegian ‘reactivation phase’. Scientific Reports. vol. 10 (1).
- (2020) The proximal domain of the Mid-Norwegian rifted margin: The Trøndelag Platform revisited. Tectonophysics. vol. 790:228551.
- (2020) Supradetachment to rift basin transition recorded in continental to marine deposition; Paleogene Bandar Jissah Basin, NE Oman. Basin Research.
- (2020) From Caledonian collapse to North Sea Rift: The extended history of a metamorphic core complex. Tectonics. vol. 39:e2020TC006178 (10).
- (2019) Late Devonian–Carboniferous faulting and controlling structures and fabrics in NW Finnmark. Norwegian Journal of Geology. vol. 99 (3).
- (2019) Architecture of growth basins in a tidally influenced, prodelta to delta-front setting: The Triassic succession of Kvalpynten, East Svalbard. Basin Research.
- (2019) Deep Crustal Flow Within Postorogenic Metamorphic Core Complexes: Insights From the Southern Western Gneiss Region of Norway. Tectonics. vol. 38 (12).
- (2018) Crustal-Scale Fault Interaction at Rifted Margins and the Formation of Domain-Bounding Breakaway Complexes: Insights From Offshore Norway. Tectonics. vol. 37 (3).
- (2018) The Keisarhjelmen detachment records Silurian-Devonian extensional collapse in Northern Svalbard. Terra Nova. vol. 30 (1).
- (2018) Architecture, deformation style and petrophysical properties of growth fault systems: the Late Triassic deltaic succession of southern Edgeøya (East Svalbard). Basin Research. vol. 30 (5).
- (2018) The Mid Norwegian - NE Greenland conjugate margins: Rifting evolution, margin segmentation, and breakup. Marine and Petroleum Geology. vol. 98.
- (2017) Complex fault interaction controls continental rifting. Nature Communications. vol. 8.
- (2017) Extension, hyperextension and mantle exhumation offshore Norway: A discussion based on 6 crustal transects. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 96 (4).
- (2015) Stress inversion of heterogeneous fault-slip data with unknown slip sense: An objective function algorithm contouring method. Journal of Structural Geology. vol. 70.
- (2014) Styles of normal faulting and fault controlled sedimentation in the Triassic deposits of Eastern Svalbard. Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Bulletin.
- (2014) Some remarks on the earthquakes of Fennoscandia: A conceptual seismological model drawn from the perspective of hyperextension. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 94 (4).
- (2013) Evidence of faulting contradicting a Triassic quiescent northern Barents Shelf. First Break. vol. 31 (6).