Background and activities
De Wilde studies political conflict over European integration and globalization. His research addresses Euroscepticism as well as public debate in mass media, the internet and parliamentary settings. He is part of the European Studies research group at NTNU and teaches European Integration Theory in the BA European Studies as well as The EU as a Global Actor and Contesting Europe in the MA European Studies.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The Opposition Deficit in EU Accountability: Evidence from over 20 Years of Plenary Debate in Four Member States. European Journal of Political Research.
- (2016) Introduction: The Differentiated Politicisation of European Governance. West European Politics. vol. 39 (1).
- (2016) Assessing actually-existing trajectories of EU politicisation. West European Politics. vol. 39 (1).
- (2016) Debating Globalization: Cosmopolitanism and Communitarianism as Political Ideologies. Journal of Political Ideologies. vol. 21 (3).
- (2015) Accountability and Opposition to Globalization in International Assemblies. European Journal of International Relations. vol. 22 (4).
- (2015) Redirecting National Parliaments: Setting Priorities for Involvement in EU Affairs. Comparative European Politics.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Silencing the Eurocrats in Public Crisis Politics. The End of the Eurocrats' Dream.
- (2015) The Politicization of European Integration: Towards Democratic Renationalization?. The Legitimacy of Regional Integration in Europe and the Americas.