Rajeevkumar Nair Raveendran
Background and activities
Currently, Core Manager/Researcher at the Viral Vector Core (VVC), Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience/CNC, NTNU. Viral Vector Core
PhD in Biotechnology from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Kerala, India. Thesis title: ‘Structure-Function relationships in the interactions between Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase type II (CaMKII) and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) subunits’. After PhD, I joined Bramham group, UiB, Norway as Post Doctoral Fellow/Researcher (2006-2010, studying the post-translational modifications of another memory-associated protein Arc/Arg3.1). Later, I joined Tashiro group (2010-2013, investigating the role of NMDA receptors in adult-neurogenesis) and Kentros group (2013-2018, developing cell type-specific viral vectors) at Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience/CNC, NTNU as Post Doctoral Fellow/Researcher. Google scholar profile
Passionate in understanding the secrets of brain, interested in creating novel molecular tools, and designing & creating viral vectors to deliver genes inside the cells in a petriplate to complex mammalian brains. A Science enthusiast interested in writing blogs for communicating Science to general audience. Scientific blogs
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Validation of Functional Connectivity of Engineered Neuromuscular Junction With Recombinant Monosynaptic Pseudotyped ΔG-Rabies Virus Tracing. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience.
- (2022) Lowering levels of reelin in entorhinal cortex layer II-neurons results in lowered levels of intracellular amyloid-β. bioRxiv.
- (2021) Not All That Is Gold Glitters: PV-IRES-Cre Mouse Line Shows Low Efficiency of Labeling of Parvalbumin Interneurons in the Perirhinal Cortex. Frontiers in Neural Circuits. vol. 15.
- (2021) Not all that is gold glitters: PV-IRES-Cre mouse line shows low efficiency of labeling of parvalbumin interneurons in the perirhinal cortex. BioRxiv.
- (2021) Local projections of layer Vb-to-Va are more prominent in lateral than in medial entorhinal cortex. eLIFE.
- (2021) Role of NMDA receptors in adult neurogenesis and normal development of the dentate gyrus. eNeuro.
- (2020) Glu60 of α-Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II mediates crosstalk between the regulatory T-site and protein substrate binding region of the active site. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. vol. 685.
- (2020) Enhancer-Driven Gene Expression (EDGE) Enables the Generation of Viral Vectors Specific to Neuronal Subtypes. iScience. vol. 23 (3).
- (2019) Modelling functional human neuromuscular junctions in a differentially-perturbable microfluidic environment, validated through recombinant monosynaptic pseudotyped ΔG-rabies virus tracing. BioRxiv.
- (2018) A simple end-point assay for calcium channel activity. Cell Calcium. vol. 74.
- (2018) Inhibitory Connectivity Dominates the Fan Cell Network in Layer II of Lateral Entorhinal Cortex. Journal of Neuroscience. vol. 38 (45).
- (2017) Arc interacts with the integral endoplasmic reticulum protein, calnexin. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. vol. 11:294.
- (2017) Dynamic Arc SUMOylation and selective interaction with F-actin-binding protein Drebrin A in LTP consolidation in vivo. Frontiers in Synaptic Neuroscience. vol. 9:8 (MAY).
- (2015) Localization and regulation of PML bodies in the adult mouse brain. Brain Structure and Function. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2010) The Arc of synaptic memory. Experimental Brain Research. vol. 200 (2).
- (2009) Arc/Arg3.1 synthesis and control of LTp consolidation in the adult dentate gyrus in vivo. European Neuropsychopharmacology. vol. 19.
- (2009) Phosphorylation status of the NR2B subunit of NMDA receptor regulates its interaction with calcium/calmodulin‐dependent protein kinase II. Journal of Neurochemistry. vol. 110.