Rajeevkumar Nair Raveendran
Background and activities
Core Manager/Researcher at the Viral Vector core (VVC), Kavli Institute for systems Neuroscience/CNC, NTNU.www.ntnu.edu/kavli/viral-vector-core
Did my PhD in Biotechnology from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Kerala, India (‘Structure-Function relationships in the interactions between Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase type II (CaMKII) and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) subunits’). After PhD, I joined Bramham group, Department of Biomedicine, UiB, Norway as Post Doctoral Fellow/Researcher (2006-2010). There, I was studying the post-translational modifications in another memory protein Arc. Later, I joined Tashiro group (2010-2013, investigating effects of NMDA receptor on the adult-neurogenesis) and Kentros group (2013-2018, developing cell-specific viral vectors) at Kavli Institute/CNC, NTNU as Post Doctoral Fellow/Researcher.
Passionate in understanding secrets of brain, creating novel molecular tools, designing & making viral vectors to deliver genes. Interested in writing blogs for communicating Science to general audience.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Enhancer-Driven Gene Expression (EDGE) Enables the Generation of Viral Vectors Specific to Neuronal Subtypes. iScience. vol. 23 (3).
- (2019) Modelling functional human neuromuscular junctions in a differentially-perturbable microfluidic environment, validated through recombinant monosynaptic pseudotyped ΔG-rabies virus tracing. BioRxiv.
- (2018) Inhibitory Connectivity Dominates the Fan Cell Network in Layer II of Lateral Entorhinal Cortex. Journal of Neuroscience. vol. 38 (45).
- (2017) Arc interacts with the integral endoplasmic reticulum protein, calnexin. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. vol. 11:294.
- (2017) Dynamic Arc SUMOylation and selective interaction with F-actin-binding protein Drebrin A in LTP consolidation in vivo. Frontiers in Synaptic Neuroscience. vol. 9:8 (MAY).
- (2015) Localization and regulation of PML bodies in the adult mouse brain. Brain Structure and Function. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2010) The Arc of synaptic memory. Experimental Brain Research. vol. 200 (2).
- (2009) Arc/Arg3.1 synthesis and control of LTp consolidation in the adult dentate gyrus in vivo. European Neuropsychopharmacology. vol. 19.