Rolf Erik Olsen
Background and activities
- BI1008 - Salmon Biology and Interaction with the Environment in Aquaculture
- BI2064 - Fish anathomy and Physiology
- BI2025 - Animal Ecophysiology
- BI3911 - Master thesis in MSAQUAH Health Management in Aquaculture
- BI3910 - Master Thesis in Ocean Resources
- BI1009 - Fish health and welfare
- BI2065 - Aquaculture
- BI3067 - Aquaculture in the Ecosystem
- BI3062 - Science Seminars, Marine
- BI3069 - Fish Health and Welfare
- BI1006 - Animal Structure and Function
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The effects of fish meal replacement with ultra-micro ground mixed plant proteins (uPP) in practical diet on growth, gut and liver health of common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Aquaculture Reports. vol. 19.
- (2021) Propionate induces intestinal oxidative stress via Sod2 propionylation in zebrafish. iScience. vol. 24 (6).
- (2021) Effect of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fed low- and high HUFA dies on growth and midgut intestinal health. Aquaculture. Aquaculture. vol. 539.
- (2021) Effect of different dietary arachidonic, eicosapentaenoic, and docosahexaenoic acid content on selected immune parameters in gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata). Fish and Shellfish Immunology Reports. vol. 2.
- (2021) Effects of dietary arachidonic acid and docosahexanoic acid at different carbohydrates levels on gilthead sea bream growth performance and intermediary metabolism. Aquaculture. vol. 545.
- (2021) Dietary Nucleotides Alleviate Hepatic Lipid Deposition via Exogenous AMP-Mediated AMPK Activation in Zebrafish. Journal of Nutrition. vol. 151 (10).
- (2021) Molecular Mechanism Involved in Carotenoid Metabolism in Post-Smolt Atlantic Salmon: Astaxanthin Metabolism During Flesh Pigmentation and Its Antioxidant Properties. Marine Biotechnology. vol. 23.
- (2021) Optical measurement of tissue perfusion changes as an alternative to electrocardiography for heart rate monitoring in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Animal Biotelemetry. vol. 9 (41).
- (2021) Effects of Cetobacterium somerae fermentation product on gut and liver health of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) fed diet supplemented with ultra-micro ground mixed plant proteins. Aquaculture. vol. 543.
- (2020) Paraprobiotics and postbiotics of probiotic lactobacilli, their positive effects on the host and action mechanisms: A review. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 7.
- (2020) The effects of fish meal replacement with ultra-micro ground mixed plant proteins (uPP) in practical diet on growth, gut and liver health of common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Aquaculture Reports. vol. 19.
- (2020) Ultraviolet-C light suppresses reproduction of sea lice but has adverse effects on host salmon. Aquaculture. vol. 520.
- (2020) Effects of stunning methods on pre rigor changes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) reared at two different temperatures. Italian Journal of Animal Science. vol. 19 (1).
- (2020) Targeted mutagenesis of Δ5 and Δ6 fatty acyl desaturases induce dysregulation of lipid metabolism in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). BMC Genomics. vol. 21.
- (2020) Comparative transcriptomics reveals domestication‐associated features of Atlantic salmon lipid metabolism. Molecular Ecology. vol. 29 (10).
- (2020) Mid and hindgut transcriptome profiling analysis of Atlantic salmon (Salmon salar) under unpredictable chronic stress. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 7 (2).
- (2020) Red and white chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha): Differences in the transcriptome profile of muscle, liver, and pylorus. Marine Biotechnology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2020) Oxidative status and intestinal health of gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) juveniles fed diets with different ARA/EPA/DHA ratios. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Agriculture can help aquaculture become greener. Nature Food. vol. 1 (11).
- (2020) Antibiofilm and immunological properties of lectin purified from shrimp Penaeus semisulcatus. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 106.