Rolf Erik Olsen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated editing of Δ5 and Δ6 desaturases impairs Δ8-desaturation and docosahexaenoic acid synthesis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated ablation of elovl2 in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) inhibits elongation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and induces Srebp-1 and target genes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Anti-biofilm properties and immunological response of an immune molecule lectin isolated from shrimp Metapenaeus monoceros. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 94.
- (2019) The β-oxidation pathway is downregulated during diapause termination in Calanus copepods. Scientific Reports.
- (2019) A Crude Awakening: Effects of Crude Oil on Lipid Metabolism in Calanoid Copepods Terminating Diapause. The Biological Bulletin. vol. 237 (2).
- (2019) Omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids, EPA and DHA: Bridging the gap between supply and demand. Nutrients. vol. 11:89 (1).
- (2019) Use of probiotics in aquaculture of China—a review of the past decade. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 86.
- (2018) Oil from transgenic Camelina sativa containing over 25 % n-3 long-chain PUFA as the major lipid source in feed for Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 119 (12).
- (2018) Impact of dietary carbohydrate/protein ratio on hepatic metabolism in land-locked Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Criteria for safe use of plant ingredients in diets for aquacultured fish. European Journal of Nutrition and Food Safety. vol. 8.
- (2018) A systemic study of lipid metabolism regulation in salmon fingerlings and early juveniles fed plant oil. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 120 (6).
- (2018) Transcriptional development of phospholipid and lipoprotein metabolism in different intestinal regions of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fry. BMC Genomics. vol. 19.
- (2018) Transcriptional regulation of lipid metabolism when salmon fry switches from endogenous to exogenous feeding. Aquaculture. vol. 503.
- (2018) Hydrolysis activity of pyloric cecal enterocytes of brown trout (Salmo trutta) toward monoacylglycerol and lysophosphatidylcholine. Lipids. vol. 53 (6).
- (2018) Effects of acclimation temperature on cortisol and oxygen consumption in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) post-smolt exposed to acute stress. Aquaculture. vol. 497.
- (2018) Update on GM canola crops as novel sources of omega‐3 fish oils. Plant Biotechnology Journal.
- (2018) Changes in water temperature and oxygen: the effect of triploidy on performance and metabolism in large farmed Atlantic salmon. Aquaculture Environment Interactions. vol. 10.
- (2018) Preliminarily study on the maximum handling size, prey size and species selectivity of growth hormone transgenic and non-transgenic common carp Cyprinus carpio when foraging on gastropods. Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. vol. 36 (4).
- (2017) An oil containing EPA and DHA from transgenic Camelina sativa to replace marine fish oil in feeds for Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.): Effects on intestinal transcriptome, histology, tissue fatty acid profiles and plasma biochemistry. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Habituation and conditioning in gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata): Effects of aversive stimuli, reward and social hierarchies. Aquaculture Research. vol. 49 (1).