Rolf Erik Olsen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Ultraviolet-C light suppresses reproduction of sea lice but has adverse effects on host salmon. Aquaculture. vol. 520.
- (2020) Comparative transcriptomics reveals domestication‐associated features of Atlantic salmon lipid metabolism. Molecular Ecology. vol. 29 (10).
- (2020) Red and white chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha): Differences in the transcriptome profile of muscle, liver, and pylorus. Marine Biotechnology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated editing of Δ5 and Δ6 desaturases impairs Δ8-desaturation and docosahexaenoic acid synthesis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated ablation of elovl2 in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) inhibits elongation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and induces Srebp-1 and target genes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Effect of dietary ARA/EPA/DHA ratios on growth performance and intermediary metabolism of gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) juveniles. Aquaculture. vol. 516.
- (2019) Effects of dietary glutamate and succinate on growth performance and mitochondrial respiration in heart and liver of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) smolts. Journal of Fisheries. vol. 7 (2).
- (2019) Can mesopelagic mixed layers be used as feed source for salmon aquaculture?. Deep-sea research. Part II, Topical studies in oceanography.
- (2019) Anti-biofilm properties and immunological response of an immune molecule lectin isolated from shrimp Metapenaeus monoceros. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 94.
- (2019) The β-oxidation pathway is downregulated during diapause termination in Calanus copepods. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) A Crude Awakening: Effects of Crude Oil on Lipid Metabolism in Calanoid Copepods Terminating Diapause. The Biological Bulletin. vol. 237 (2).
- (2019) Endogenous production of n-3 long-chain PUFA from first feeding and the influence of dietary linoleic acid and the α-linolenic:linoleic ratio in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 122 (10).
- (2019) Omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids, EPA and DHA: Bridging the gap between supply and demand. Nutrients. vol. 11:89 (1).
- (2019) Use of probiotics in aquaculture of China—a review of the past decade. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 86.
- (2018) Oil from transgenic Camelina sativa containing over 25 % n-3 long-chain PUFA as the major lipid source in feed for Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 119 (12).
- (2018) Impact of dietary carbohydrate/protein ratio on hepatic metabolism in land-locked Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Criteria for safe use of plant ingredients in diets for aquacultured fish. European Journal of Nutrition and Food Safety. vol. 8.
- (2018) A systemic study of lipid metabolism regulation in salmon fingerlings and early juveniles fed plant oil. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 120 (6).
- (2018) Transcriptional development of phospholipid and lipoprotein metabolism in different intestinal regions of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fry. BMC Genomics. vol. 19.
- (2018) Transcriptional regulation of lipid metabolism when salmon fry switches from endogenous to exogenous feeding. Aquaculture. vol. 503.