Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Transcriptional development of phospholipid and lipoprotein metabolism in different intestinal regions of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fry. BMC Genomics. vol. 19.
- (2018) Changes in water temperature and oxygen: the effect of triploidy on performance and metabolism in large farmed Atlantic salmon. Aquaculture Environment Interactions.
- (2017) An oil containing EPA and DHA from transgenic Camelina sativa to replace marine fish oil in feeds for Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.): Effects on intestinal transcriptome, histology, tissue fatty acid profiles and plasma biochemistry. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Habituation and conditioning in gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata): Effects of aversive stimuli, reward and social hierarchies. Aquaculture Research.
- (2017) The effect of dietary chitin on growth and nutrient digestibility in farmed Atlantic cod, Atlantic salmon and Atlantic halibut. Aquaculture Research. vol. 48 (1).
- (2017) A comparative study of diploid versus triploid Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). The effects of rearing temperatures (5, 10 and 15 °C) on raw material characteristics and storage quality. Food Chemistry. vol. 225.
- (2017) Skin mucus of gilthead sea bream (sparus aurata l.). protein mapping and regulation in chronically stressed fish. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 8:34.
- (2017) Water temperature and oxygen: The effect of triploidy on performance and metabolism in farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) post-smolts. Aquaculture. vol. 473.
- (2017) Uncontrollable chronic stress reduces growth disparities in farmed Atlantic salmon. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 179.
- (2017) Dietary effects of soybean products on gut microbiota and immunity of aquatic animals: A review. Aquaculture Nutrition.
- (2016) Assessment of a land-locked Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) population as a potential genetic resource with a focus on long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids. vol. 1861 (3).
- (2016) Effects of stunning/slaughtering methods in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) from death until rigor mortis resolution. Aquaculture. vol. 464.
- (2016) Carbon monoxide stunning of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) modifies rigor mortis and sensory traits as revealed by NIRS and other instruments. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. vol. 96 (10).
- (2016) Metabolism of sn-1(3)-monoacylglycerol and sn-2-monoacylglycerol in caecal enterocytes and hepatocytes of brown trout (Salmo trutta). Lipids. vol. 52 (1).
- (2016) Effect of predictability on the stress response to chasing in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) parr. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 153 (1).
- (2016) A comparative study of the response to repeated chasing stress in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) parr and post-smolts. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology A. vol. 192.
- (2016) Effect of dietary components on the gut microbiota of aquatic animals. A never-ending story?. Aquaculture Nutrition. vol. 22 (2).
- (2016) Not too slow, not too fast: water currents affect group structure, aggression and welfare in postsmolt Atlantic salmon Salmo salar. Aquaculture Environment Interactions. vol. 8.
- (2016) Coping with a changing environment: the effects of early life stress. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 3:160382 (10).
- (2015) Nutrigenomic profiling of transcriptional processes affected in liver and distal intestine in response to a soybean meal-induced nutritional stress in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part D:Genomics and Proteomics. vol. 15.