Rolf Erik Olsen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Ultraviolet-C light suppresses reproduction of sea lice but has adverse effects on host salmon. Aquaculture. vol. 520.
- (2020) Effects of stunning methods on pre rigor changes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) reared at two different temperatures. Italian Journal of Animal Science. vol. 19 (1).
- (2020) Targeted mutagenesis of Δ5 and Δ6 fatty acyl desaturases induce dysregulation of lipid metabolism in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). BMC Genomics. vol. 21.
- (2020) Comparative transcriptomics reveals domestication‐associated features of Atlantic salmon lipid metabolism. Molecular Ecology. vol. 29 (10).
- (2020) Mid and hindgut transcriptome profiling analysis of Atlantic salmon (Salmon salar) under unpredictable chronic stress. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 7 (2).
- (2020) Red and white chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha): Differences in the transcriptome profile of muscle, liver, and pylorus. Marine Biotechnology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2020) Oxidative status and intestinal health of gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) juveniles fed diets with different ARA/EPA/DHA ratios. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Agriculture can help aquaculture become greener. Nature Food.
- (2020) Antibiofilm and immunological properties of lectin purified from shrimp Penaeus semisulcatus. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 106.
- (2020) Lipid metabolism in Calanus finmarchicus is sensitive to variations in predation risk and food availability. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Paraprobiotics and Postbiotics of Probiotic Lactobacilli, Their Positive Effects on the Host and Action Mechanisms: A Review. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 7.
- (2020) The effects of fish meal replacement with ultra-micro ground mixed plant proteins (uPP) in practical diet on growth, gut and liver health of common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Aquaculture Reports. vol. 19.
- (2020) Effects of dietary sodium acetate on food intake, weight gain, intestinal digestive enzyme activities, energy metabolism and gut microbiota in cultured fish: Zebrafish as a model. Aquaculture. vol. 523.
- (2020) Research progress on gut health of farmers teleost fish: a viewpoint concerning the intestinal mucosal barrier and the impact of its damage. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. vol. 30.
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated editing of Δ5 and Δ6 desaturases impairs Δ8-desaturation and docosahexaenoic acid synthesis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated ablation of elovl2 in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) inhibits elongation of polyunsaturated fatty acids and induces Srebp-1 and target genes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Effect of dietary ARA/EPA/DHA ratios on growth performance and intermediary metabolism of gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) juveniles. Aquaculture. vol. 516.
- (2019) Effects of dietary glutamate and succinate on growth performance and mitochondrial respiration in heart and liver of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) smolts. Journal of Fisheries. vol. 7 (2).
- (2019) Can mesopelagic mixed layers be used as feed source for salmon aquaculture?. Deep-sea research. Part II, Topical studies in oceanography.
- (2019) Anti-biofilm properties and immunological response of an immune molecule lectin isolated from shrimp Metapenaeus monoceros. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 94.