Rolf Erik Olsen
Background and activities
- BI3067 - Aquaculture in the Ecosystem
- BI2064 - Fish anathomy and Physiology
- BI2025 - Animal Ecophysiology
- BI3911 - Master thesis in MSAQUAH Health Management in Aquaculture
- BI2065 - Aquaculture
- BI3069 - Fish Health and Welfare
- BI3910 - Master Thesis in Ocean Resources
- BI1009 - Fish health and welfare
- BI3062 - Science Seminars, Marine
- BI1006 - Animal Structure and Function
- BI1008 - Salmon Biology and Interaction with the Environment in Aquaculture
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) DHA Suppresses Hepatic Lipid Accumulation via Cyclin D1 in Zebrafish. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 8.
- (2022) Triploid Atlantic salmon × brown trout hybrids have similar seawater growth and welfare issues as triploid Atlantic salmon, but both were heavier at harvest than their diploid counterparts. Aquaculture. vol. 552.
- (2022) Physiological changes observed in farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) with nephrocalcinosis. Aquaculture. vol. 554.
- (2022) Effects of dietary ARA, DHA, and carbohydrates levels on gilthead sea bream liver and intestine oxidative stress, tissue histomorphology, and gut microbiota. Aquaculture. vol. 552.
- (2022) Growth performance, hepatic enzymes, and gut health status of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) in response to dietary Cetobacterium somerae fermentation product. Aquaculture Reports. vol. 23.
- (2022) Stabilized fermentation product of Cetobacterium somerae improves gut and liver health and antiviral immunity of zebrafish. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 120.
- (2021) Propionate induces intestinal oxidative stress via Sod2 propionylation in zebrafish. iScience. vol. 24 (6).
- (2021) Effect of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fed low- and high HUFA dies on growth and midgut intestinal health. Aquaculture. Aquaculture. vol. 539.
- (2021) Effect of different dietary arachidonic, eicosapentaenoic, and docosahexaenoic acid content on selected immune parameters in gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata). Fish & Shellfish Immunology Reports. vol. 2.
- (2021) Effects of dietary arachidonic acid and docosahexanoic acid at different carbohydrates levels on gilthead sea bream growth performance and intermediary metabolism. Aquaculture. vol. 545.
- (2021) Dietary Nucleotides Alleviate Hepatic Lipid Deposition via Exogenous AMP-Mediated AMPK Activation in Zebrafish. Journal of Nutrition. vol. 151 (10).
- (2021) Molecular Mechanism Involved in Carotenoid Metabolism in Post-Smolt Atlantic Salmon: Astaxanthin Metabolism During Flesh Pigmentation and Its Antioxidant Properties. Marine Biotechnology. vol. 23.
- (2021) Optical measurement of tissue perfusion changes as an alternative to electrocardiography for heart rate monitoring in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Animal Biotelemetry. vol. 9 (41).
- (2021) Assessment of the risk of negative impact on biodiversity from import and release of eggs or live fish from landlocked Atlantic salmon from Klarälven in Sweden to Trysilelva in Norway. Scientific Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. VKM Report. vol. 2021 (04).
- (2021) Effects of Cetobacterium somerae fermentation product on gut and liver health of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) fed diet supplemented with ultra-micro ground mixed plant proteins. Aquaculture. vol. 543.
- (2020) Paraprobiotics and postbiotics of probiotic lactobacilli, their positive effects on the host and action mechanisms: A review. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 7.
- (2020) The effects of fish meal replacement with ultra-micro ground mixed plant proteins (uPP) in practical diet on growth, gut and liver health of common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Aquaculture Reports. vol. 19.
- (2020) Ultraviolet-C light suppresses reproduction of sea lice but has adverse effects on host salmon. Aquaculture. vol. 520.
- (2020) Effects of stunning methods on pre rigor changes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) reared at two different temperatures. Italian Journal of Animal Science. vol. 19 (1).
- (2020) Targeted mutagenesis of Δ5 and Δ6 fatty acyl desaturases induce dysregulation of lipid metabolism in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). BMC Genomics. vol. 21.