Background and activities
Ronny Bergmann is Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since March 2021.
He was a researcher and deputy head of the Arbeitsgruppe Numerik partieller Differentialgleichungen, Technische Universität Chemnitz, which he joined in April 2018. Previously he worked within the Image Processing Group, Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, where he finished his habilitation beginning of 2018. Prior to that he was a doctoral researcher and teaching assistant at the Institut für Mathematik, Universität zu Lübeck, working together with his PhD supervisor Jürgen Prestin.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Fenchel duality for Convex Optimization and a Primal Dual Algorithm on Riemannian Manifolds. Foundations of Computational Mathematics.
- (2020) Discrete total variation of the normal vector field as shape prior with applications in geometric inverse problems. Inverse Problems. vol. 36 (5).
- (2020) Total variation of the normal vector field as shape prior. Inverse Problems. vol. 36 (5).
- (2020) FFT-based homogenization on periodic anisotropic translation invariant spaces. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. vol. 48 (1).
- (2019) Intrinsic formulation of KKT conditions and constraint qualifications on smooth manifolds. SIAM Journal on Optimization. vol. 29 (4).
- (2018) Priors with coupled first and second order differences for manifold-valued image processing. Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision. vol. 60 (9).
- (2018) A variational model for data fitting on manifolds by minimizing the acceleration of a Bézier curve. Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics.
- (2018) A framework for FFT-based homogenization on anisotropic lattices. Computers and Mathematics with Applications. vol. 76 (1).
- (2018) A graph framework for manifold-valued data. SIAM Journal of Imaging Sciences. vol. 11 (1).
- (2017) Iterative multiplicative filters for data labeling. International Journal of Computer Vision. vol. 123 (3).
- (2016) A second order non-smooth variational model for restoring manifold-valued images. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing. vol. 38 (1).
- (2016) Restoration of manifold-valued images by half-quadratic minimization. Inverse Problems and Imaging. vol. 10 (2).
- (2016) A parallel Douglas–Rachford algorithm for minimizing ROF-like functionals on images with values in symmetric Hadamard manifolds. SIAM Journal of Imaging Sciences. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) A second order TV-type approach for inpainting and denoising higher dimensional combined cyclic and vector space data. Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision. vol. 55 (3).
- (2015) Multivariate periodic wavelets of de la Vallée Poussin type. Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications.
- (2014) Second order differences of cyclic data and applications in variational denoising. SIAM Journal of Imaging Sciences. vol. 7 (4).
- (2013) The fast Fourier transform and fast wavelet transform for patterns on the torus. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. vol. 35 (1).