Background and activities
Fluid dynamics: Waves, wave-current interactions
Fluid dynamics: Micro- and Optofluidics
Fluid dynamics: Turbulence
Quantum mechanics: Casimir & Casimir-Polder forces
Prizes & Awards (selected):
- Prize to outstanding youg researchers from the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters (2011)
- Exxon Mobil prize for best PhD thesis at NTNU in basic research (2011)
- Best Junior paper award, QFEXT09 (2009)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Transient wave resistance upon a real shear current. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids.
- (2017) Approximate Dispersion Relations for Waves on Arbitrary Shear Flows. Journal of Geophysical Research - Oceans. vol. 122 (12).
- (2017) Surface waves on currents with arbitrary vertical shear. Physics of fluids. vol. 29 (4).
- (2016) Oblique waves on a vertically sheared current are rotational. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 56.
- (2016) Oscillating line source in a shear flow with a free surface: critical layer-like contributions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 798.
- (2016) Waves from an oscillating point source with a free surface in the presence of a shear current. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 798.
- (2016) Multiple resonances of a moving oscillating surface disturbance on a shear current. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 808.
- (2016) Ship waves on uniform shear current at finite depth: Wave resistance and critical velocity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 791.
- (2015) Three-body effects in Casimir-Polder repulsion. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 91 (4).
- (2014) Initial surface disturbance on a shear current: The Cauchy-Poisson problem with a twist. Physics of fluids. vol. 26.
- (2014) Ship waves in the presence of uniform vorticity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 742 (4).
- (2014) How linear surface waves are affected by a current with constant vorticity. European journal of physics. vol. 35.
- (2014) Nonextensive statistical dynamics applied to wall turbulence. Det Kongelige Norske Videnskabers Selskabs Skrifter.
- (2013) Theoretical considerations of laser-induced liquid–liquid interface deformation. Physica Scripta. vol. 87 (5).
- (2013) Atmospheric water droplets can catalyse atom pair break-up via surface-induced resonance repulsion. Europhysics letters. vol. 101.
- (2013) Theory of microdroplet and microbubble deformation by Gaussian laser beam. Journal of the Optical Society of America. B, Optical physics. vol. 30 (6).
- (2013) Mixing layer between two co-current Taylor-Couette flows. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 37.
- (2012) Casimir attractive-repulsive transition in MEMS. European Physical Journal B : Condensed Matter Physics. vol. 85 (11).
- (2012) Sign of the Casimir-Polder interaction between atoms and oil-water interfaces: Subtle dependence on dielectric properties. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 85 (6).
- (2012) Detection of the Abraham force with a succession of short optical pulses. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 86 (2).