Background and activities
Professor 2003. contractor,research inst, Laval Univ. Canada. Fresh concrete, porestructure, transport,frost. Princeton Univ 2012-2013
Sabbatical 2012-2013 at Princeton:
MSc/PhD Civil Engineering, Concrete Materials, Norwegian Institute of Technology 1986/1995, MSc: “Abrasion on High Strength Concrete”/PhD: “Cracking and scaling of concrete in wet freeze/thaw”
(2003-2005) Professor, Narvik College (http://www.hin.no/index.php?ID=5397 ) and 20 % researcher at Northern Research Institute http://www.norut.no/narvik_en//Norut-Narvik : Teaching Building materials and Building technology in Cold Climate, work included EU-Interreg funded project with Arkhangelsk State Technical University on Building technology in cold climate
(1999-2003) Contractor PEAB, Oslo (http://www.peab.com/) Quality and HES incl. concrete procurement, R&D, last year Head HES reporting to managing director of the Norwegian subsidiary
(1988-1999) Researcher Norwegian Building Research Institute, Oslo, Research assignments for companies, Norwegian Research Council, EU etc on concrete materials, incl.3 year PhD-leave, and,
(1994-1995) 1 year research visit Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) FlowCyl: one-parameter cement paste rheology test developed at NTNU, Norway. Rhéologie. vol. 35.
- (2019) Analysing limitations of the FlowCyl as a one-point viscometer test for cement paste. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 218.
- (2019) Modeling of Water Transport in Highly Saturated Concrete with Wet Surface During Freeze/thaw. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 115.
- (2019) Topography studies of concrete abraded with ice. Wear. vol. 430-431.
- (2019) Effect of AEA-SP Dosage Sequence on Air Entrainment in FA Concrete. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 61 (2).
- (2018) Filler and Water Reducer Effects on Sedimentation, Bleeding and Zeta-Potential of Cement Paste. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 58 (N88).
- (2018) Concrete-ice abrasion: Wear, coefficient of friction and ice consumption. Wear. vol. 416-417.
- (2017) Measurement of particle size distribution and specific surface area for crushed concrete aggregate fines. Advanced Powder Technology. vol. 28 (3).
- (2017) Three dimensional shape analysis of concrete aggregate ﬁnes produced by VSI crushing. Powder Technology. vol. 308.
- (2017) Comparison of 2-D and 3-D shape analysis of concrete aggregate ﬁnes from VSI crushing. Powder Technology. vol. 309.
- (2017) Influence of crushed aggregate fines with micro-proportioned particle size distributions on rheology of cement paste. Cement & Concrete Composites. vol. 80.
- (2017) Measuring rheological properties of cement pastes: most common techniques, procedures and challenges. RILEM Technical Letters. vol. 2.
- (2017) Bleeding and sedimentation of cement paste measured by hydrostatic pressure and Turbiscan. Cement & Concrete Composites. vol. 76.
- (2017) Concrete-Ice Abrasion Test with Sliding Ice and Ice Spallation. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 57 (2).
- (2017) Concrete-ice abrasion laboratory experiments. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2016) Crushed sand in concrete - Effect of particle shape in different fractions and filler propertties on rheology. Cement & Concrete Composites. vol. 71.
- (2016) Crushed sand in concrete - Effect of particle shape in different fractions and filler properties on rheology. Cement & Concrete Composites. vol. 71.
- (2016) Freeze–thaw resistance of sprayed concrete in tunnel linings. Materials and Structures. vol. 49 (8).
- (2015) Sand production with VSI crushing and air classification: Optimising fines grading for concrete production with micro-proportioning. Minerals Engineering. vol. 78.
- (2015) CONCRETE-ICE ABRASION MECHANICS. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 73.