Stein Wold Østerhus
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A coupled modeling of design and investment parameters for optimal operation of methane bioreactors: Attainable region concept approach. Renewable Energy. vol. 148.
- (2020) Biodigester Rapid Analysis and Design System (B-RADeS): A candidate attainable region-based simulator for the synthesis of biogas reactor structures. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 132.
- (2020) Self-optimizing attainable regions of the anaerobic treatment process: Modelling performance targets under kinetic uncertainty. Water Research. vol. 171.
- (2020) Struvite crystallization by using raw seawater: Improving economics and environmental footprint while maintaining phosphorus recovery and product quality. Water Research. vol. 173.
- (2019) Backpulsing technology applied in MF and UF processes for membrane fouling mitigation: A review. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 587:117136.
- (2019) Date Palm Assisted Nanocomposite Materials for the Removal of Nitrate and Phosphate from Aqueous Medium. Sustainable Agriculture Reviews. vol. 34.
- (2019) Simulation of two-dimensional attainable regions and its application to model digester structures for maximum stability of anaerobic treatment process. Water Research. vol. 163.
- (2019) Use of attainable regions for synthesis and optimization of multistage anaerobic digesters. Applied Energy. vol. 242.
- (2019) Sustainable Sewage Sludge Management: From Current Practices to Emerging Nutrient Recovery Technologies. Sustainability. vol. 11 (12).
- (2019) Engineering of struvite crystals by regulating supersaturation – Correlation with phosphorus recovery, crystal morphology and process efficiency. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Enhancing efficiency and economy of phosphorus recovery process by customizing the product based on sidestream characteristics. Water Science and Technology. vol. 79 (9).
- (2017) Evaluation of bank filtration as a pretreatment method for the provision of hygienically safe drinking water in Norway: results from monitoring at two full-scale sites. Hydrogeology Journal. vol. 25 (5).
- (2016) A study on the reactivity characteristics of dissolved effluent organic matter (EfOM) from municipal wastewater treatment plant during ozonation. Water Research. vol. 88.
- (2015) NOM removal by a Vacuum-UV/UV/TiO2 reactor assisted by electron scavengers. Desalination and Water Treatment.
- (2015) Rapid bacteriophage MS2 transport in an oxic sandy aquifer in cold climate: Field experiments and modeling. Water Resources Research. vol. 51 (12).
- (2014) Grunnvannsforsyning fra løsmasser som hygienisk barriere – styrker og svakheter i et klima i endring. Vann.
- (2010) NOM removal technologies – Norwegian experiences. Drinking Water Engineering and Science (DWES).
- (2009) Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) degradation in natural waters using a V-UV/UV/TiO2 reactor. Water Science and Technology : Water Supply. vol. 9 (6).
- (2009) Degradation of pCBA by catalytic ozonation in natural water. Water Science and Technology. vol. 59 (6).
- (2008) Risiko og sårbarhet i vannforsyningen. Vann. vol. 43 (2).