Background and activities
My educational background is a masters degree in industrial mathematics (NTNU, 2014) and a PhD in statistics (NTNU, 2019). I started in my current position as an associate professor in statistics at the department of mathematical sciences in 2020.
My research interests include score tests, sampling designs and power of tests, statistical methods for genetic association studies, as well as pedagogical development in statistics education.
I am currently leading the pedagogical development project Statistics for Engineers which focuses on relevant, computation-based and hybrid statistics education for engineering students across three NTNU-campuses.
- ISTG1003 - Statistics
- ISTG1002 - Statistics
- ISTT1002 - Statistics
- ISTA1002 - Statistics
- ISTT1003 - Statistics
- ISTA1001 - Statistics
- ISTT1001 - Statistics
- ISTA1003 - Statistics
- ISTG1001 - Statistics
- VB6200 - Statistics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Riktig karakter med dobbel sensur?. www.universitetsavisa.no.
- (2020) Whole-genome sequencing analysis of the cardiometabolic proteome. Nature Communications. vol. 11 (1).
- (2018) Powerful extreme phenotype sampling designs and score tests for genetic association studies. Statistics in Medicine. vol. 37 (28).
- (2018) Cohort-wide deep whole genome sequencing and the allelic architecture of complex traits. Nature Communications. vol. 9 (1).
- (2017) Assessing gene-environment interaction effects of FTO, MC4R and lifestyle factors on obesity using an extreme phenotype sampling design: Results from the HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2019) On response-dependent sampling and score tests for regression models with missing covariates. Applications to extreme phenotype sampling in genetic association studies. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-3974-8.
- (2021) Developing an introductory statistics course for engineering students at NTNU. NORDSTAT2021 The 28th Nordic Conference in Mathematical Statistics ; 2021-06-21 - 2021-06-24.
- (2021) Digital undervisning i statistikk var en suksess – hvordan drar vi nytte av dette fremover?. Læringsfestivalen . NTNU og DIKU; Trondheim (digitalt). 2021-05-10 - 2021-05-11.