Tor Haakon Bakken
Background and activities
- VM6006 - Environmental Design
- TVM5171 - Modelling Water Resources
- VM1001 - Sustainable Hydropower Development
- TVM5135 - Planning of Hydropower
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Assessment of flow ramping in water bodies impacted by hydropower operation in Norway – Is hydropower with environmental restrictions more sustainable?. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 832.
- (2022) Achieving sustainable low fow using hydropower reservoir for ecological water management in Glomma River Norway. Sustainable Water Resources Management.
- (2021) Classification of hydropeaking impacts on Atlantic salmon populations in regulated rivers. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2021) Potential from retrofitting non-powered dams for hydro production. International journal on hydropower and dams. vol. 28 (5).
- (2021) The role of hydropower in renewable energy sector toward co2 emission reduction during the COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Green Energy. vol. 19 (1).
- (2020) The public's perception of run-of-the-river hydropower across Europe. Energy Policy. vol. 140.
- (2018) Modelling the effect of hydropeaking‐induced stranding mortality on Atlantic salmon population abundance. Ecohydrology. vol. 11 (5).
- (2017) The Water Footprint of Hydropower Production—State of the Art and Methodological Challenges. Global Challenges. vol. 1 (5).
- (2017) Socio-environmental integration of hydropower facilities. La houille blanche.
- (2017) Drawing together multiple lines of evidence from assessment studies of hydropeaking pressures in impacted rivers. Freshwater Science (FWS). vol. 36 (1).
- (2017) A Fuzzy Rule-based Model for the Assessment of Macrobenthic Habitats under Hydropeaking Impact. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 33 (3).
- (2016) Climate Change and Increased Irrigation Demands: What Is Left for Hydropower Generation? Results from Two Semi-Arid Basins. Energies. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) Simulation of river water temperatures during various hydro-peaking regimes. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) The life-cycle water footprint of two hydropower projects in Norway. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 113.
- (2016) Allocation of water consumption in multipurpose reservoirs. Water Policy. vol. 18 (4).
- (2016) Using a Bayesian belief network to diagnose significant adverse effect of the EU Water Framework Directive on hydropower production in Norway. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Modelling the effects of stranding on the Atlantic salmon population in the Dale River, Norway. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 573.
- (2015) Are Reservoirs Water Consumers or Water Collectors? Reflections on the Water Footprint Concept Applied on Reservoirs. Water resources management. vol. 29 (14).
- (2015) Response of Fish Communities to Hydrological and Morphological Alterations in Hydropeaking Rivers of Austria. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 31 (8).
- (2014) Demonstrating a new framework for the comparison of environmental impacts from small- and large-scale hydropower and wind power projects. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 140.