Toril A. Nagelhus Hernes
Background and activities
Photos of Toril A. Nagelhus Hernes, high resolutions/downloadable.
The Pro-Rector for Innovation is a member of the Rector's management team. She leads NTNU's efforts to promote innovation, and is responsible for maintaining strategic collaborative relationships with businesses and industry on a regional national and international level. Se is also responsible for NTNU's focus on alumni cooperation and is leading NTNU's efforts for greater equality and diversity.
Contact the Pro-Rector for Innovation:
Marte Olaussen Rosvoldaunet, administrative management support:
telephone +47 73 59 80 16 | email email@example.com
- 2017–: Pro-Rector for Innovation, NTNU
- 2013–2016: Head of the Department of circulation and medical imaging, NTNU
- 2013–2016: Scientific coordinator/leader (20 per cent) at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim
- 2006–2013: Professor II at the Department of circulation and medical imaging, NTNU
- 1998–2013: Research director at Medical Technology, SINTEF
- 1998: Spin off establishment: MISON (now SONOWAND)
- 1997–1998: Researcher, SINTEF
Board and committee appointments
Some appointments in research and education boards and committees within medicine and health care, and within commercialization and research based innovation useful for the society:
- Chairman NTNU Technology Transfer AS
- Chair member St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim
- Chair member Technoport
- Manager for resourses group HO21, Innspill til StM Helsenæring
- Member NTVA, Norges Tekniske Vitenskapsakademi
- Member of advisory board of SFI (Centre for Research based Innovaion) C3: Centre for Connected Care
- Member of steering committee: SMIT, Society for Medical Innovation and Technology
- Member Business council (Næringsrådet) Trondheim region
- Member Academic council commercialization of technology (Fagråd kommersialisering av teknologi), Næringsforeningen i Trondheimsregionen
- Member coordination group for the action programme for Innovation and value creation in Trøndelag
- Member of Editorial board of European Medical Journal Innovation
- To periods as a chair member in the Innovation division, The Research Council of Norway (2007–2015)
Management and administration at NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A new visualization method for navigated bronchoscopy. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 27 (2).
- (2017) Lack of transfer of skills after virtual reality simulator training with haptic feedback. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 26 (6).
- (2015) CustusX: an open-source research platform for image-guided therapy. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) Versatile robotic probe calibration for position tracking in ultrasound imaging. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 60 (9).
- (2015) Airway segmentation and centerline extraction from thoracic CT - Comparison of a new method to state of the art commercialized methods. PLOS ONE. vol. 10:e0144282 (12).
- (2014) Navigated bronchoscopy : A technical review. Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology. vol. 21 (3).
- (2014) Liver deformation in an animal model due to pneumoperitoneum assessed by a vessel-based deformable registration. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 23 (5).
- (2012) SIMULATION MODEL FOR ASSESSING QUALITY OF ULTRASOUND STRAIN ESTIMATION IN ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 38 (5).
- (2012) Interactive development of a CT-based tissue model for ultrasound simulation. Computers in Biology and Medicine. vol. 42 (5).
- (2012) Navigated laparoscopic ultrasound in abdominal soft tissue surgery: technological overview and perspectives. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 7 (4).
- (2012) Three-Dimensional Electromagnetic Navigation vs. Fluoroscopy for Endovascular Aneurysm Repair: A Prospective Feasibility Study in Patients. Journal of Endovascular Therapy. vol. 19 (1).
- (2011) Endovascular image-guided navigation - validation of two volume-volume registration algorithms. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 20 (5).
- (2011) Three-Dimensional Endovascular Navigation With Electromagnetic Tracking: Ex Vivo and In Vivo Accuracy. Journal of Endovascular Therapy. vol. 18 (2).
- (2011) 3D ultrasound reconstruction algorithms from analog and digital data. Ultrasonics. vol. 51 (4).
- (2010) Efficiency of ultrasound training simulators: Method for assessing image realism. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19 (2).
- (2010) Real-time ultrasound simulation. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19.
- (2010) Real-time ultrasound simulation for low cost training simulators. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7629.
- (2010) Tissue motion and strain in the human brain assessed by intraoperative ultrasound in glioma patients. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 36 (1).
- (2010) Navigation and ultrasound imaging in surgery of pituitary tumours – technical considerations. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19.
- (2010) Laparoscopic ultrasound: a survey of its current and future use, requirements, and integration with navigation technology. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 24 (12).