Background and activities
2017 - present: Pro-Rector for Innovation, NTNU
2013 - 2016: Head of Department Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU
2006 - 2016: Professor Medical Technology
1998 - 2013: Head of Department, Medical Technology , SINTEF
1997-1998: Researcher at SINTEF
1992-1997: PhD in Medical Technology at NTNU
1987-1992: MSc Biophysics and Medical technology
1986-1987: Medical Studies, Oslo University
2007-present: Board Innovation division, Research Council of Norway
2014-present: Board in ”Nansenfondet”
2013-present: Steering committee: Nor-BioImaging platform
2001-present: Steering committee: SMIT (Society for Medical Innovation and Technology), Co-President 2002/2010
2010-present: Reviewer for various international scientific journals, awards, grants and positions.
ARTICLES (in Norwegian):
Kvantitet eller kvalitet,- fremmer tellekantene det vi ønsker? Dagens Medisin 27 June 2014
Norsk helsefaglig forskning,- fullt og helt eller stykkevis og delt? Dagens Medisin 7 April 2014
God pasientbehandling og klinisk forskning,- konkurrenter eller nødvendig symbiose? Dagens Medisin 3 February 2014
Samarbeid med industrien,- en mulighet eller hemsko? Dagens Medisin 28 October 2013
Norge på 17. plass på innovation score board,- hva nå? Dagens Medisin 19 August 2013
Forskning som kvalitetsindikator Dagens Medisin 29 April 2013
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A new visualization method for navigated bronchoscopy. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 27 (2).
- (2017) Lack of transfer of skills after virtual reality simulator training with haptic feedback. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 26 (6).
- (2015) CustusX: an open-source research platform for image-guided therapy. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) Versatile robotic probe calibration for position tracking in ultrasound imaging. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 60 (9).
- (2015) Airway segmentation and centerline extraction from thoracic CT - Comparison of a new method to state of the art commercialized methods. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0144282 (12).
- (2014) Navigated bronchoscopy : A technical review. Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology. vol. 21 (3).
- (2014) Liver deformation in an animal model due to pneumoperitoneum assessed by a vessel-based deformable registration. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 23 (5).
- (2012) SIMULATION MODEL FOR ASSESSING QUALITY OF ULTRASOUND STRAIN ESTIMATION IN ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 38 (5).
- (2012) Interactive development of a CT-based tissue model for ultrasound simulation. Computers in Biology and Medicine. vol. 42 (5).
- (2012) Navigated laparoscopic ultrasound in abdominal soft tissue surgery: technological overview and perspectives. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 7 (4).
- (2012) Three-Dimensional Electromagnetic Navigation vs. Fluoroscopy for Endovascular Aneurysm Repair: A Prospective Feasibility Study in Patients. Journal of Endovascular Therapy. vol. 19 (1).
- (2011) Endovascular image-guided navigation - validation of two volume-volume registration algorithms. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 20 (5).
- (2011) Three-Dimensional Endovascular Navigation With Electromagnetic Tracking: Ex Vivo and In Vivo Accuracy. Journal of Endovascular Therapy. vol. 18 (2).
- (2011) 3D ultrasound reconstruction algorithms from analog and digital data. Ultrasonics. vol. 51 (4).
- (2010) Efficiency of ultrasound training simulators: Method for assessing image realism. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19 (2).
- (2010) Real-time ultrasound simulation. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19.
- (2010) Real-time ultrasound simulation for low cost training simulators. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7629.
- (2010) Tissue motion and strain in the human brain assessed by intraoperative ultrasound in glioma patients. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 36 (1).
- (2010) Navigation and ultrasound imaging in surgery of pituitary tumours – technical considerations. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19.
- (2010) Laparoscopic ultrasound: a survey of its current and future use, requirements, and integration with navigation technology. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 24 (12).