Background and activities
Engum is a guitarist, composer and music-technologist, employed as professor at the musictechnology department at the Institute of Music. I teach courses in sound engineering (MUST 1053), sound for multimedia (MUST 2060) and studio production (MUST 3055).
He holds a master degree from the musictechnology program at NTNU (2007). In 2012 he finished his PhD equivalent artistic research project, with the work "Beat The Distance - musictechnological strategies for Composition and production"
His research is mainly focused around the use of digital musictechnology in composition, performance and production.
Engum have participated as composer and performer on numerous recordings as a member of bands such as "The 3rd and The Mortal", "The Soundbyte" and "TEMP". This has also included a number of tours and concerts on stages and festivals in Norway and abroad. He has also composed music for several television programs and theatre performances.
- MUSP4318 - Composition Jazz A
- MUST3050 - Master's Thesis in Creative Music Technology
- MUSP4338 - Composition Jazz C
- MUST2053 - Music and sound design for audiovisual media
- MUST3055 - Studio Production
- MUST2061 - Bachelor's Thesis: Music Technology in Communication with the Audience
- MUSP4328 - Composition Jazz B
- MUST1053 - Sound Engineering