Background and activities
Trygve Brautaset is a Professor in synthetic biology and his research focus is within microbial molecular biology. Brautaset is project leader on three ongoing ERA projects. Brautaset is also leader for Centre for Digital Life Norway, he is a member of the Norwegian Biotechnology advisory board and he is board member for the biotech company Vectron Biosolutions.
- BT3220 - Biotechnology, Advanced
- BT8121 - Transdisciplinary biotechnology a Digital Life Norway course
- BT8120 - Prokaryote Molecular Biology and Synthetic Biology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Unravelling Formaldehyde Metabolism in Bacteria: Road towards Synthetic Methylotrophy. Microorganisms. vol. 10 (220).
- (2022) Unravelling Formaldehyde Metabolism in Bacteria: Road towards Synthetic Methylotrophy. Microorganisms.
- (2021) Evaluation of Heterologous Biosynthetic Pathways for Methanol-Based 5-Aminovalerate Production by Thermophilic Bacillus methanolicus. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology. vol. 9.
- (2021) Developing a riboswitch-mediated regulatory system for metabolic flux control in thermophilic bacillus methanolicus. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 22 (9).
- (2021) Methane monooxygenases: central enzymes in methanotrophy with promising biotechnological applications. World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology. vol. 37 (72).
- (2021) Aerobic Utilization of Methanol for Microbial Growth and Production. Advances in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology.
- (2020) Composition analysis and minimal treatments to solubilize polysaccharides from the brown seaweed Laminaria digitata for microbial growth of thermophiles. Journal of Applied Phycology. vol. 32.
- (2020) Methanol-based acetoin production by genetically engineered Bacillus methanolicus. Green Chemistry. vol. 22.
- (2020) Translational regulation of periplasmic folding assistants and proteases as a valuable strategy to improve production of translocated recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli. BMC Biotechnology. vol. 20.
- (2020) Functional characterization of three Azotobacter chroococcum alginate-modifying enzymes related to the Azotobacter vinelandii AlgE mannuronan C-5-epimerase family. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Production of Value-Added Chemicals by Bacillus methanolicus Strains Cultivated on Mannitol and Extracts of Seaweed Saccharina latissima at 50C. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Monitoring Parallel Robotic Cultivations with Online Multivariate Analysis. Processes. vol. 8 (5).
- (2020) Establishment of a functional system for recombinant production of secreted proteins at 50 °C in the thermophilic Bacillus methanolicus. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 19.
- (2020) Transaldolase in Bacillus methanolicus: biochemical characterization and biological role in ribulose monophosphate cycle. BMC Microbiology. vol. 20.
- (2019) Construction and characterization of broad-host-range reporter plasmid suitable for on-line analysis of bacterial host responses related to recombinant protein production. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 18 (80).
- (2019) Establishment and application of CRISPR interference to affect sporulation, hydrogen peroxide detoxification, and mannitol catabolism in the methylotrophic thermophile Bacillus methanolicus. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology.
- (2019) Establishment and application of CRISPR interference to affect sporulation, hydrogen peroxide detoxification, and mannitol catabolism in the methylotrophic thermophile Bacillus methanolicus. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 103 (14).
- (2018) Genetic Tools and Techniques for Recombinant Expression in Thermophilic Bacillaceae. Microorganisms. vol. 6 (42).
- (2017) A novel expression system for lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases. Carbohydrate Research. vol. 448.
- (2017) The XylS/Pm regulator/promoter system and its use in fundamental studies of bacterial gene expression, recombinant protein production and metabolic engineering. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 10 (4).