Background and activities
Trygve Brautaset is a Professor in synthetic biology and his research focus is within microbial molecular biology. Brautaset is project leader on three ongoing ERA projects. Brautaset is also leader for Centre for Digital Life Norway, he is a member of the Norwegian Biotechnology advisory board and he is board member for the biotech company Vectron Biosolutions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Construction and characterization of broad-host-range reporter plasmid suitable for on-line analysis of bacterial host responses related to recombinant protein production. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 18 (80).
- (2018) Genetic Tools and Techniques for Recombinant Expression in Thermophilic Bacillaceae. Microorganisms. vol. 6 (42).
- (2017) A novel expression system for lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases. Carbohydrate Research. vol. 448.
- (2017) The XylS/Pm regulator/promoter system and its use in fundamental studies of bacterial gene expression, recombinant protein production and metabolic engineering. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 10 (4).
- (2017) Methanol-based γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) production by genetically engineered Bacillus methanolicus strains. Industrial crops and products (Print). vol. 106.
- (2017) 6-Phosphofructokinase and ribulose-5-phosphate 3-epimerase in methylotrophic Bacillus methanolicus ribulose monophosphate cycle. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 101 (10).
- (2017) L-lysine production by Bacillus methanolicus: Genome-based mutational analysis and L-lysine secretion engineering. Journal of Biotechnology. vol. 244.
- (2017) Methanol as a carbon substrate in the bio-economy: metabolic engineering of aerobic methylotrophic bacteria for production of value-added chemicals. Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining. vol. 11 (4).
- (2016) Thraustochytrids as production organisms for docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), squalene, and carotenoids. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 100 (10).
- (2016) Quantitative metabolomics of the thermophilic methylotroph Bacillus methanolicus. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 15 (92).
- (2016) Genome-based genetic tool development for Bacillus methanolicus: Theta-and rolling circle-replicating plasmids for inducible gene expression and application to methanol-based cadaverine production. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 7.
- (2016) Draft genome sequence of the docosahexaenoic acid producing thraustochytrid Aurantiochytrium sp. T66. Genomics Data. vol. 8.
- (2015) Transcriptome analysis of thermophilic methylotrophic Bacillus methanolicus MGA3 using RNA-sequencing provides detailed insights into its previously uncharted transcriptional landscape. BMC Genomics. vol. 16:73 (1).
- (2015) Engineering Escherichia coli for methanol conversion. Metabolic engineering. vol. 28.
- (2015) Methanol-based cadaverine production by genetically engineered Bacillus methanolicus strains. Microbial Biotechnology. vol. 8 (2).
- (2014) Production and glucosylation of C50 and C40 carotenoids by metabolically engineered Corynebacterium glutamuicum. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 98 (3).
- (2014) Complete genome sequence of Bacillus methanolicus MGA3, a thermotolerant amino acid producing methylotroph. Journal of Biotechnology. vol. 188.
- (2014) Characterization of two transketolases encoded on the chromosome and the plasmid pBM19 of the facultative ribulose monophosphate cycle methylotroph Bacillus methanolicus. BMC Microbiology. vol. 14:7.
- (2014) Methylotrophy in the thermophilic Bacillus methanolicus, basic insights and application for commodity production from methanol. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 99 (2).
- (2014) Proteomic analysis of the thermophilic methylotroph Bacillus methanolicus MGA3. Proteomics. vol. 14 (6).