Background and activities
I am a mechanical engineer interested in operation and maintenance challenges in a number of industries. My educational background is within mechanical engineering and project management. I have worked for about 10 years in the Norwegian oil and gas industry with: operation and maintenance, expediting, QA/QC, design of piping systems, valve engineering and project management. In addition, I have 8 years experience from the Norwegian hydropower industry including operation and maintenance, mechanical engineering, project management, laboratory management and testing, handling of regulations and standards. I have been involved in research on hydropower and wind power for several years. Since 2013 I have been teaching operation and maintenance at the university college i Sor Trondelag. I enjoy sharing my practical experience with bachelor students and as a guest lecturer at NTNU and elsewhere. Online teaching and MOOC excites me. I believe that in the future learning will be less dependent on traditional classrooms and physical space. The internet and online meeting places is a learning arena that interests me a lot
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) WCM og BPV - fancy ord eller stammespråk. Energiteknikk : fagbladet for energibransjen. vol. 1 (8).
- (2003) Kvasse symmetriske sagblad. Treteknisk Informasjon.
- (2014) Veileder til bruk av Maskinforskriften for elektromekanisk utstyr i vannkraftanlegg. Publikasjon 378-2014. 2014.
- (2014) Windsense - WP9, On a CBM strategy. 2014.
- (2014) WP Framework / Industry Challenges Report O&M Work Package 4 - Deliverable number 4.1 - Executive summary. 2014.
- (2005) Studietur til Amerikanske Universitetsbibliotek 2005. 2005.
- (2003) REPORT ON JAPAN TRIP BY VIGGO PEDERSEN. 2003.
- (2003) VIGGO�S WOOD SCIENCE TRIP TO THE US AND CANADA. 2003.
- (2002) VIGGO�s DTV BESØK JULI 2002. 2002.
- (2001) Report -Viggo�s Environmental Trip to the US 2001. 2001.