Viggo Gabriel Borg Pedersen
Background and activities
I am a mechanical engineer interested in operation and maintenance challenges in a number of industries. My educational background is within mechanical engineering and project management. I have worked for about 10 years in the Norwegian oil and gas industry with: operation and maintenance, expediting, QA/QC, design of piping systems, valve engineering and project management. In addition, I have 8 years experience from the Norwegian hydropower industry including operation and maintenance, mechanical engineering, project management, laboratory management and testing, handling of regulations and standards. I have been involved in research on hydropower and wind power for several years. Since 2013 I have been teaching piping design, operation and maintenance at NTNU. I enjoy sharing my practical experience with bachelor students and as a guest lecturer at NTNU and elsewhere. Online teaching and MOOC excites me. I believe that in the future learning will be less dependent on traditional classrooms and physical space. The internet and online meeting places is a learning arena that interests me a lot
- MAST2301 - Design of piping systems
- MAST2100 - Materials technology
- MAST2900 - Bachelor Thesis
- MAST2011 - Material and Production Management
- MAST2304 - Introduction to Welding
- MAST1002 - Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- MAST2006 - Operation and Maintenance
- MAST2012 - Condition Based Maintenance
- MAST2004 - Project Assignment Operation and Maintenance
- MAST2003 - Operation and maintenance of technical instalaltions
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) WCM og BPV - fancy ord eller stammespråk. Energiteknikk : fagbladet for energibransjen. vol. 1 (8).
- (2003) Kvasse symmetriske sagblad. Treteknisk Informasjon.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Remaining Useful Life Estimation Using Vibration-based Degradation Signals. e-proceedings of the 30th European Safety and Reliability Conference and 15th Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management Conference (ESREL2020 PSAM15).
- (2018) Fault Classification and Degradation Assessment Based on Wavelet Packet Decomposition for Rotary Machinery. Advanced Manufacturing and Automation VII Gathers selected presentations from the 7th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (IWAMA 2017), Changshu, China.
- (2014) Veileder til bruk av Maskinforskriften for elektromekanisk utstyr i vannkraftanlegg. Publikasjon 378-2014. 2014.
- (2014) Windsense - WP9, On a CBM strategy. 2014.
- (2014) WP Framework / Industry Challenges Report O&M Work Package 4 - Deliverable number 4.1 - Executive summary. 2014.
- (2005) Studietur til Amerikanske Universitetsbibliotek 2005. 2005.
- (2003) REPORT ON JAPAN TRIP BY VIGGO PEDERSEN. 2003.
- (2003) VIGGO�S WOOD SCIENCE TRIP TO THE US AND CANADA. 2003.
- (2002) VIGGO�s DTV BESØK JULI 2002. 2002.
- (2001) Report -Viggo�s Environmental Trip to the US 2001. 2001.