Background and activities
2015 Doctor of Science, Disputation date: 20.04.2015.
Department of Psychology, University of Tromsø, Norway
2006 Master of Science
Department of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
Department of Biology, Nankai University, China
My research cuts across several sub-disciplines within biological psychology / behavioral neuroscience, including animal behavior, physiological ecology, electrophysiology, neuroanatomy and neural connectomics. I am corruntly recruited as a postdoc fellow by the Chemosensory lab of Department of Psychology at NTNU to study the neural basis for odor-evoked reproductive behavior.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Sexual incentive motivation and male and female copulatory behavior in female rats given androgen from postnatal day 20. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 237.
- (2021) Rat ultrasonic vocalizations and novelty-induced social and non-social investigation behavior in a seminatural environment. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 237.
- (2021) Distinct protocerebral neuropils associated with attractive and aversive female-produced odorants in the male moth brain. eLIFE. vol. 10.
- (2021) Sexual Incentive Motivation and Copulatory Behavior in Male Rats Treated With the Adrenergic α2-Adrenoceptor Agonists Tasipimidine and Fadolmidine: Implications for Treatment of Premature Ejaculation: BASIC SCIENCE. Journal of Sexual Medicine. vol. 18 (10).
- (2020) A novel major output target for pheromone-sensitive projection neurons in male moths. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. vol. 14 (147).
- (2020) Neuronal architecture of the second-order CO2 pathway in the brain of a noctuid moth. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Revisiting the Labial Pit Organ Pathway in the Noctuid Moth, Helicoverpa armigera. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 11 (202).
- (2020) Antennal-lobe neurons in the moth Helicoverpa armigera: Morphological features of projection neurons, local interneurons, and centrifugal neurons. Journal of Comparative Neurology. vol. 529 (7).
- (2020) Rapid changes in sociosexual behaviors around transition to and from behavioral estrus, in female rats housed in a seminatural environment. Behavioural Processes. vol. 174:104101.
- (2019) Human concentrations of uric acid scavenges adaptive and maladaptive ROS in isolated rat hearts subjected to ischemic stress. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. vol. 98 (3).
- (2019) Behavioral response is absent under the mating competition in rats (Rattus norvegicus). Physiology and Behavior. vol. 201.
- (2017) Functions of Vocalization in Sociosexual Behaviors in Rats (Rattus norvegicus) in a Seminatural Environment. Journal of Comparative Psychology. vol. 131 (1).
- (2016) Studies of sociosexual interactions in rats in an externally valid procedure: are they relevant for understanding human sexual behavior?. International Journal of Psychological Research. vol. 9 (2).
- (2016) The adrenergic α2-receptor, sexual incentive motivation and copulatory behavior in the male rat. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. vol. 144.
- (2015) The function and meaning of female rat paracopulatory (proceptive) behaviors. Behavioural Processes. vol. 118.
- (2015) Estrogens, androgens and generalized behavioral arousal in gonadectomized female and male C57BL/6 mice. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 147.
- (2015) Sociosexual behaviors and reproductive success of rats (Rattus norvegicus) in a seminatural environment. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 151.
- (2015) Sociosexual Behaviors of Male Rats (Rattus norvegicus) in a Seminatural Environment. Journal of Comparative Psychology. vol. 129 (2).
- (2015) Sociosexual behaviors during the transition from non-receptivity to receptivity in rats housed in a seminatural environment. Behavioural Processes. vol. 113.
- (2014) Sociosexual behaviours in cycling, intact female rats (Rattus norvegicus) housed in a seminatural environment. Behaviour. vol. 151 (8).