Background and activities
I am a researcher in department of biological sciences Ålesund. Working with marine biology and human disease.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical laboratory technology
- Influence of intranasal drugs on human epithelial cells
- Improved animal welfare by cow and calf co-grazing in organic dairy production
- Physiological mechanism and application of cortisol metabolism in Atlantic salmon
- Strategies to limit the spread of PD between marine sites with salmonids
- An evaluation of immune response against salmonid alphavirus (SAV) of salmon in fish farms
- Advanced biological method for chronic stress evaluation on salmon in fish farms
- Ballast Water Treatment - Simulation and Verification
- Sikkerhet i marine økosystemer
- Biomarkers of pollution in marine ecosystems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Establishment of a non-invasive method for stress evaluation in farmed salmon based on direct fecal corticoid metabolites measurement. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 66.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Immunology and stress responses during dual infection with salmonid alphavirus and Paramoeba perurans in farmed Atlantic salmon. Blue Growth: Aquaculture, Fisheries, Market and Health Perspectives..
- (2017) Natural Infection Induced Immune Response against Salmonid Alphavirus in Farmed Salmon. IEEE OCEANS 2017 - Aberdeen.
- (2016) Impact of Brominated Flame Retardants on Embryo Development of Atlantic Cod (Gadus Morhua) during Early Life Stages. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2014) Ballast water analysis and heat treatment using waste heat recovery systems on board ships. Proceedings 28th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2014, May 27th - May 30th, 2014, Brescia, Italy.