Studies - Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Studies at IMA
Do you want to know...
- How materials are produced and recycled?
- How to make batteries for the future?
- What materials are needed to make a prosthesis?
- How to make materials for Arctic regions?
- How we can prevent defects in bridges and construction?
Materials technology is a discipline for those who want to learn more about the materials that surround us. You will learn about the development and production of materials, how the properties of the materials depend on the composition and production method, and how we choose the right material for different applications.
Materials technology is a blend of chemistry, physics and mathematics, and constitutes one of the world's largest disciplines in industry, technology and research.
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering (2 years)
- MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (2 years)
Programmes with Norwegian language requirements
- MSc in Materials Science and Engineering (5 years)
- MSc in Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (5 years)
(You may specialise in materials chemistry and energy technology from the third year)
- MSc in Nanotechnology (5 year)
(You may specialise in nanotechnology for materials, energy and environment from the third year)
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering (3 years)
- Bachelor in Materials Engineering (3 years)
- Bachelor in Oil and Gas Technology (3 years)
- Chemistry and Biotechnology, One-year programme