Research - Department of Mental Health
Research at the Department of Mental Health includes basic research, epidemiology and clinical research in mental health, habilitation, substance abuse, child welfare and general rehabilitation.
The close collaboration between St. Olav Hospital, municipal health services, child welfare and our research groups, creates appropriate conditions for clinical research. Our two Competence Centres, RKBU Central Norway and NAKU, has a special responsibility to support the health services.
- Biological psychiatry
- E-helse i psykisk helsevern
- Communication, interaction, and early intervention in a life course perspective
- Diversity, inclusion and participation
- Mental health in relational and societal context
- Vulnerabilities and justice
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Intervention and implementation
- Sleep and chronobiology
- Youth and Mental Health
Competence and knowledge centres
- National institute on intellectual disability and community (NAKU)
- Regional centre for child and youth mental health and child welfare (RKBU)
Research projects at the Department of Mental Health (Cristin)
- Forskningsdokumentasjon Institutt for psykisk helse (NTNU Open)
- Publikasjoner Institutt for psykisk helse (CRIStin)
- Doktoravhandlinger ved Institutt for psykisk helse
The Research unit on disability nurse and NAKU studies health, welfare services and everyday life for people with various disabilities. National Institute on Intellectual Disability and Community (NAKU) is part of the unit.
Research unit for Adult Psychiatry and Mental Health Work are studying mental- and substance abuse disorders from basic research to clinical research and epidemiology.
Regional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare (RKBU) of Central Norway is engaged in research, development, teaching and dissemination in the fields of child and adolescent mental health and child welfare.
Nanna Sønnichsen Kayed
Head of Department
NTNU Department of Mental Health
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
Olav Kyrres gate 9, The Fred Kavli-building, 4th floor
PhD at the Department of Mental Health - Doktorgrader og disputaser