About the department
Department of Education and Lifelong Learning is a social science based knowledge community for research, teaching and information. The department contributes with research-based knowledge on childhood, schools, education and employment in a lifelong perspective. Our disciplines include education, adult learning, academic counselling, childhood studies and educational development.
- Education is based on perspectives on socialisation, teaching, upbringing, knowledge, learning, motivation and formation
- Adult Learning involves a lifelong learning perspective and the development of multidisciplinary competence on and for persons who wish to work on teaching processes, counseling, organisation and management
- Counselling, consultation and guidance can be seen as an educational science to assist persons, groups or organisations to achieve their growth and development goals.
- Childhood studies cover basic and applied long-term research on childhood, and on the activities and conditions of children's lives
- Educational Development covers perspectives on learning and teaching processes in higher education
The department represents a unique multidisciplinary research environment with evident relevance for researchers, students, practitioners and other actors of society with interests in our disciplines.