Studies at the Department of Music
The study programmes at the Department of Music have a practical and practical-theoretical approach to teaching. It is possible to study music performance, musicology, music technology and dance studies at the department.
Master's programmes in English
The Department of Music has three master options where English is the language of instruction.
Nordic Master of Arts in Dance studies (No-MA-DS) is an opportunity to get the most updated knowledge about the past and present of various dance types such as folk and street, ballet and modern, ballroom and club dance. Choreomundus is a master's programme investigating dance and other movement systems (ritual practices, martial arts, games and physical theatre) as Intangible Cultural Heritage within the broader contexts of Ethnochoreology, the Anthropology of Dance, Dance Studies, and Heritage Studies.
Music, Communication and Technology (MCT) is a master's programme aiming to give you the personal skills and technical tools required to work out solutions to contemporary societal challenges in international and interdisciplinary teams.
Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:58:57 +0200
Exchange to the Department of Music
Exchange to Musicology, Music Technology and Dance Studies is part of the general exchange opportunities at NTNU that you find information on at the Office of International Relations. Being an exchange student means that one of NTNU's primary admission requirements — that you must be proficient in Norwegian — does not apply. However, most classes have Norwegian as the language of instruction. The course catalogue has the option to only show courses offered in English.
Some useful information:
- ECTS catalogue
- Staff at the Department of Music
- Other relevant links: Living in Trondheim
- Erasmus code: N-TRONDHE01
- Academic calendar (Trondheim)
Students at Music Performance Studies at AEC member institutions can apply for an exchange period at our Music Performance studies. Additional information for these students:
- Application deadline is 1 March.
- The application needs a recording and confirmation signature from the home institution.
- If we don't have an Erasmus agreement we make one if you are accepted.
- Music Performance Studies use EASY for application
- Nordplus applicants use the Nordplus application form. Contact your local coordinator.
- Contact our international relations coordinator at email@example.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:05:03 +0200
Study programmes in Norwegian
The full programme descriptions for the study programmes with Norwegian as a language requirement are in Norwegian.