Course - Bachelor Thesis Renewable Energy - FENG2900
FENG2900 - Bachelor Thesis Renewable Energy
Examination arrangement: Bachelor thesis
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The topic for the project is selected within the students discipline. The "The institute handbook for Bachelor thesis" give the formal regulations for the project.
Knowledge - The candidate
- has in-depth knowledge of a selected topic within the subject area
- has knowledge of research and development work within the topic
Skills - The Candidate
- can identify, formulate and solve a relevant engineering problem
- can apply knowledge and relevant results from research and development work to solve theoretical, technical and practical problems within the topic of the bachelor thesis and justify their choices
- can apply engineering methods and be able to work methodically
- can plan and carry out engineering work
General competence - The candidate
- imparts professional knowledge to various target groups both in writing and orally in Norwegian and English
- has insight into scientific honesty and understanding of ethical issues
- has insight into the environmental, health, social and economic consequences of products and solutions within their field and can put these in an ethical perspective and a life cycle perspective
integrates previously acquired knowledge and is able to acquire new knowledge in solving a problem
Learning methods and activities
Bachelor Thesis is to be conducted in a project form in a group of 2-3 students (maximum of 4). Mandatory activities: - Approved pre-project - Documentation of the working progress (status reports, MoM, time sheets etc) - Oral presentation (either as a final presentation or presentation of the project scope under work) - Poster (either as a final presentation or presentation of the project scope under work)
- Mandatory work requirements
Further on evaluation
Deadline for submission is 20th of May 12:00 each year. In case 20th of May follows on a weekend, the deadline will be on the following working day.
The bachelor thesis is normally carried out in groups consisting of 2 -3 students. The assignment is delivered as a written report, a poster and an oral presentation, possibly supplemented with a product / a prototype. A written report together with a possible product / prototype forms the assessment basis for the final grade.
Other matters concerning the thesis are given in separate handbook for the department.
If the bachelor's thesis is not passed, the student must submit a new thesis. Improvement / revision is not sufficient. The thesis can present the same topic area with the same empirical / data basis. A bachelor's thesis that has been assessed as passed cannot be submitted for a new assessment, even in a revised form.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Renewable Energy (BIFOREN)
Recommended previous knowledge
150 credits from courses in the Engineering education
Required previous knowledge
To start on the bachelor's thesis, the student must have passed a minimum of 110 credits out of 120 study-planned credits from the first two years of the education. In addition, all compulsory courses and courses that are included in the study plan, but which are not credit-bearing, must be approved in order to start the bachelor thesis.
Determined based on the selected task (subject area)
Credits: 20.0 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Term no.: 2
Teaching semester: SPRING 2024
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Engineering Subjects
Examination arrangement: Bachelor thesis
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD Bachelor thesis 100/100 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"