Course - Organization and School Leadership - SKOLE6131
SKOLE6131 - Organization and School Leadership
Examination arrangement: Assignment
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The course deals with key topics, theories and research contributions within organization, leadership and management, with special emphasis on organization, leadership and management in the school and education sector. The course deals with various forms of leadership and management, both on an institutional and individual level. Organizational and management theory is treated along with theories of knowledge (epistemology), with special emphasis on education sector. The course also looks at methodology around leading and organizing of development work and thus touches on both leadership-, development and research methodology. The course provides an introduction to academic writing. Students also learn to use writing as a development tool. The course has a combined practical and academic focus, and deals with how to develop as a leader (in the education sector).
- has in-depth knowledge of key theories and perspectives within organization and management science and the development of organizations with emphasis on schools and the education sector
- has knowledge of basic requirements for academic writing s in school management (with special emphasis on choice of topic and design of issues)
- can use relevant theory in the work of leading the school as a knowledge organization and in the development of a good environment for learning and development in i HE and schools
- can use relevant theory in the work of writing subject text with correct and good references to research and literature
- can analyze educational institutions as organizations and their personal challenges as a leader
Learning methods and activities
The teaching consists of plenary lectures, group work, exercises and plenary discussions. Two three-day sessions are held in the course. An assignment is given in the form of a study question or a practical / theoretical assignment that the students must answer before and between the sessions. The assignments must be approved before the student can apply for the exam in the course.
Further on evaluation
Students must submit assignments that receive feedback. Feedback is given on oral presentations. Intermediate work in the form of an assignment is given a formative assessment and requires approval to completing the course. The course ends with a home assignment. The home assignment must have a scope of a maximum of 4000 words. The home assignment is assessed with letter grades (A - F).
Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
School Development and Education Management (MSKOLUT)
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Further education, higher degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2022
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Organization and Leadership
- School Development
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Teacher Education
Department with administrative responsibility
Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Development
Examination arrangement: Assignment
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Autumn ORD Assignment 100/100 ALLE INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"