Course - Management of Business Relationships and Networks - TIØ4345
TIØ4345 - Management of Business Relationships and Networks
Examination arrangement: Work
|Evaluation form||Weighting||Duration||Examination aids||Grade deviation|
The course provides insight into how companies can manage their relationships to other companies. The subject starts with an introduction to the theme of business relationships and networks, and how these influence the companys value creation, innovativeness, and productivity. Following this, the subject goes into depth with the following themes:
1) Relationships to different types of counterparts, including customers, suppliers, competitors, and others.
2) Development of relationships, including initiating, expanding, maintaining, reducing, and ending relationships.
3) Key Account Management.
4) Creating trust and handling conflicts in relationships.
5) Managing the companys customer and supplier portfolios
6) Managing networks, including supplier networks, customer networks, and innovation networks.
7) Managing local vs. global relationships and networks.
8) Participating in local networks and clusters
9) Learning and competence development in and across relationships.
10) Strategy processes in relationships and networks.
11) Relationships and contracts.
12) Relationships and networks in relation to national and international laws and regulations.
The position and function of the course in the study: The course is elective in the 4th or 5th study year in the study program MTIØT. The course contributes to fulfilling learning outcomes 3 and 4 in the detailed overview of learning outcomes for MTIØT where "broad and sound knowledge in technological as well as administrative and economic areas" and "sound basic knowledge of the field of management" are required.
The course is elective in the international 2-year Master programme in Project Management (MSPROMAN) and aims to give the students knowledge of managing business relationships and networks which, in turn, contributes to fulfilling the learning outcome regarding in-depth knowledge of economic, management and environmental aspects of project management in technological settings.
The course will provide detailed knowledge in the following areas: -Basic knowledge of the field of business relationships and networks -Specific knowledge of managing customer relationships and networks -Specific knowledge of managing supplier relationships and networks - Specific knowledge of relationship dynamics including initiation, development and ending of relationships -Specific knowledge of strategising and capability development in relationships and networks.
The course will provide competences in: -Analysing a companys most important business relationships, with particular emphasis on relationship dynamics Make a literature review of a key concept within the field of business relationships and networks -Discussing and deciding how a company can and should manage its business relationships and networks.
Other important learning outcomes: -The students will, by means of a large project report written in groups, obtain training in making a literature review.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, case discussions and group assignments. Two assignments, which count for 50% each, make up the final grade. The course will be taught in English.
Recommended previous knowledge
TIØ4165 Marketing Management or similar previous knowledge.
To be announced at the start of the semester.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2020
No.of lecture hours: 2
Lab hours: 3
No.of specialization hours: 7
Language of instruction: English
- Technological subjects
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management
Examination arrangement: Work
- Term Status code Evaluation form Weighting Examination aids Date Time Digital exam Room *
- Autumn ORD work 100/100
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"