Course - Mathematics 1 - Single variable calculus - TMA4100
TMA4100 - Mathematics 1 - Single variable calculus
Examination arrangement: School exam
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|School exam||100/100||4 hours||D|
Limits, continuity, differentiation, and integration of functions of one variable. The intermediate value theorem, the mean-value theorem, extreme values, transcendental functions, implicit differentiation, related rates, indeterminate forms, Newton's method. Techniques of integration and numerical integration. Riemann sums, the definite integral, and the fundamental theorem of calculus. Area, volume, arclength, area of surfaces of revolution. Sequences, series, and power series. Taylor series, Taylor's formula. First order separable and linear differential equations. Euler's method. Examples of mathematical modelling and from applications to science, technology, and economy.
- Knowledge. The student understands and is able to recognize and apply concepts, results, and methods from single-variable analysis which deals with limits, continuity, differentiation, integration, convergence of sequences and series, Taylor polynomials, and Taylor series. The student understands and is able to apply basic numerical methods for solution of nonlinear equations, differential equations, and integration, and is aware of the possibilities and limitations that lie in the use of mathematical software.
- Skills. The student is able to apply his or her knowledge of single-variable mathematical analysis to formulate and solve simple problems in mathematics and the natural sciences/technology, if necessary with the additional aid of mathematical software.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and compulsory exercises. Information regarding the number of compulsory exercises that must be approved will be listed on the course website at the start of the course. The lectures may be given in English.
Further on evaluation
Grade based on written final written examination. Retake of examination may be given as an oral examination.
Will be announced at the start of the course.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Foundation courses, level I
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Technological subjects
Examination arrangement: School exam
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Autumn ORD School exam 100/100 D 2023-12-05 09:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates SL310 turkis sone Sluppenvegen 14 59 SL110 turkis sone Sluppenvegen 14 80 SL410 blå sone Sluppenvegen 14 51 SL410 orange sone Sluppenvegen 14 58 SL311 lyseblå sone Sluppenvegen 14 96 SL311 orange sone Sluppenvegen 14 65 SL311 brun sone Sluppenvegen 14 82 SL311 grønn sone Sluppenvegen 14 68 SL111 blå sone Sluppenvegen 14 36 SL111 lyseblå sone Sluppenvegen 14 72 SL111 orange sone Sluppenvegen 14 60 SL111 brun sone Sluppenvegen 14 81 SL111 grønn sone Sluppenvegen 14 50 SL110 lilla sone Sluppenvegen 14 64 SL415 Sluppenvegen 14 40 SL310 hvit sone Sluppenvegen 14 46 SL310 lilla sone Sluppenvegen 14 80 SL310 blå sone Sluppenvegen 14 48 SL110 hvit sone Sluppenvegen 14 63 SL210 Sluppenvegen 14 51 SL319 Sluppenvegen 14 1 SL122 Sluppenvegen 14 1 SL120 blå sone Sluppenvegen 14 35 SL274 Sluppenvegen 14 15 SL228 Sluppenvegen 14 8 SL123 Sluppenvegen 14 1 SL121 Sluppenvegen 14 1
- Summer UTS School exam 100/100 D INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"