About the programme
Would you like to develop knowledge crucial to value creation and the safe, efficient and environmentally-friendly exploration of the natural resources on the continental shelf?
These two international Master programmes are taught in English, and fully integrates Norwegian and foreign students. All courses award 7.5 ECTS credits.
The programmes focus on the following areas of activity:
- Exploration and production of oil and gas on the Norwegian continental shelf
- Methods for increased oil recovery factor
- Develop platform solutions and subsea production equipment for great water depths
- Demands for environmental considerations in the northern regions.
Specialization can be obtained within the areas drilling technology, petroleum production, reservoir technology, petroleum geology/geophysics, seismology and reservoir seismology. Examples of specialization could be:
- Interpretation of geological data from an oil company
- Modelling of processes within our fields with calibration tests in the laboratory
- Evaluation of practical problems in offshore operations.