Master's Degree Programme, 2 years
Help solve some of the greatest environmental challenges facing our planet!
What do we do?
Industrial Ecology is an interdisciplinary research field specialising in environmental sustainability. Our work supports the global community to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, including co-authoring UN's climate reports. We also host NTNU Sustainability, one of four strategic research areas at the university.
Why NTNU in Trondheim?
- Our track record speaks for itself: our programme began in 1994; we established the world's first PhD in Industrial Ecology in 2003; we offer Norway’s only specialist Master’s in Industrial Ecology.
- You will learn holistic critical thinking methods, and have access to state-of-the-art analytical tools, to solve environmental problems.
- Our professors are leaders in their fields, and provide inspiration, experience, and a global network of collaborators.
- You will be part of a group (and a city) with a vibrant international student community.
Is this master right for me?
- Our students are enthusiastic, talented, and passionate about sustainability and the environment.
- You will need a minimum of 7.5 ECTS in mathematics or statistics.
- Our programme is a two-year full-time degree, with all courses taught in English.
- Read more about the programme structure and the admission requirements
- So there's this thing called Industrial Ecology (blog from one of our post-docs).