Business Administration - PhD in Economics and Management
A business economics approach is the starting point for the Business Administration programme option, which includes studies of companies’ procurement and use of scarce resources.
The programme option is based on a broad definition of business administration and aims to link research with subjects in economics and administration such as financial management, accounting, finance, economics, marketing, organizational theory, strategy and management.
KRYSSPUBLISERT - PhD - Admission and financing - ID 1295482685 (sharing)
Admission and financing
In addition to a master's degree or equivalent and a strong academic record, financing is an absolute requirement for admission to a PhD programme. Funding can be both through NTNU and other sources. Available PhD positions at NTNU are continuously posted online.
The PhD education is a structured degree with a nominal duration of three-year full-time study. Some PhD positions may include a fourth year of required duties, usually in the form of teaching, this will be detailed in your employee contract if applicable.
- The programme consists of at least 30 ECTS of coursework, and an independent academic work in the form of a doctoral thesis estimated to 2.5 years.
- A PhD degree requires a great deal of independence and capacity for completion
- The final thesis should contribute to the development of new scientific knowledge and meet international standards in the field
- PhD education at NTNU is internationally oriented
- You are expected to contribute to international conferences and publish in international peer-reviewed journals
- It is possible to complete part of your studies abroad, either in the form of a prolonged research stay or by completing some of your courses abroad