Postal addressDepartment of Biology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Atle M. Bones
- Genetics and genomics
- Molecular biology
- Gene technology
- Molecular cell biology
- Cell defence/host defence
- Genome studies
- Network analysis
- Bioactive natural products
- Marine algae-microalgae-plants-animals
- Systems biology
- Synthetic biology
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Gastric cancer chemoprevention by phenethyl isothiocyanate-containing diet in chemically - but not genetically - induced gastric cancer in mice. Gastroenterology. volum 146.
- (2013) Genome scale transcriptional response diversity among ten ecotypes of Arabidopsis thaliana during heat stress. Frontiers in Plant Science. volum 4.
- (2013) Genome-scale cold stress response regulatory networks in ten Arabidopsis thaliana ecotypes. BMC Genomics. volum 14 (1).
- (2013) Molecular Signatures in Arabidopsis thaliana in Response to Insect Attack and Bacterial Infection. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (3).
- (2013) The chloroplast genome of the diatom Seminavis robusta: New features introduced through multiple mechanisms of horizontal gene transfer. Marine Genomics.
- (2013) Gene regulation of carbon fixation, storage, and utilization in the diatom phaeodactylum tricornutum acclimated to light/dark cycles. Plant Physiology. volum 161 (2).
- (2013) Adaptation response of Arabidopsis thaliana to random positioning. Advances in Space Research. volum 52 (7).
- (2013) NEVERSHED and INFLORESCENCE DEFICIENT IN ABSCISSION are differentially required for cell expansion and cell separation during floral organ abscission in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany. volum 64 (17).
- (2013) Pathways of Lipid Metabolism in Marine Algae, Co-Expression Network, Bottlenecks and Candidate Genes for Enhanced Production of EPA and DHA in Species of Chromista. Marine Drugs. volum 11 (11).
- (2013) Molecular and photosynthetic responses to prolonged darkness and subsequent acclimation to re-illumination in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (3).
- (2013) Transcriptome Responses to Combinations of Stresses in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology. volum 161 (4).
- (2012) Phytoalexins in defense against pathogens. Trends in Plant Science. volum 17 (2).
- (2012) 'Myrosin cells' are not a prerequisite for aphid feeding on oilseed rape (Brassica napus) but affect host plant preferences. Plant Biology. volum 14 (6).
- (2012) Ecotype dependent expression and alternative splicing of epithiospecifier protein (ESP) in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Molecular Biology. volum 78 (4-5).
- (2012) Characterization of recombinant nitrile-specifier proteins (NSPs) of Arabidopsis thaliana: Dependency on Fe(II) ions and the effect of glucosinolate substrate and reaction conditions. Phytochemistry. volum 84.
- (2012) Genome wide transcriptional profiling of acclimation to photoperiod in high-latitude accessions of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Science. volum 185-186.
- (2012) Metabolite profiling reveals novel multi-level cold responses in the model Fragaria vesca (woodland strawberry). Phytochemistry. volum 77.
- (2011) Oilseed rape seeds with ablated defence cells of the glucosinolate-myrosinase system. Production and characteristics of double haploid MINELESS plants of Brassica napus L. Journal of Experimental Botany. volum 62 (14).
- (2011) Phytochemicals of Brassicaceae in plant protection and human health - influences of climate, environment and agronomic practice. Phytochemistry. volum 72 (7).
- (2011) Planteforsvar mot insekter – hva kan molekylærbiologi og genomikk bidra med?. Bioforsk FOKUS. volum 6 (2).