Background and activities
- Vice Dean of Research, Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering
- Professor, Department of Telematics.
- 1975: Siv.ing. (MSc in Technology)
- 1982: Dr. Techn.
- 1975: Scientific assistant, NTH;
- 1981: Doctor research fellowship (NTNF);
- 1976 - 1997: Scientist, Head of Section, Senior Scientist, and Principal Research Scientist at ELAB, DELAB, SINTEF Telecom and Informatics;
- 1988 - 1997: Adjunct professor at Department of Computer Engineering and Telematics (IDT), NTH;
- 1997 - .......: Professor, Department of Telematics, NTNU;
- 2003 - 2012: Principal investigator, Norwegian Centre of Excellence Q2S - the Centre for Quantifiable Quality of Service in Communication Systems;
- 2009 - .......: Vice Dean of Research, IME-NTNU;
Fields of interest
- Dependability modelling, analysis and simulation, analysis of operational data.
- Communication network dependability; design & management for resilience and survivability,
- Fault-tolerant systems,
- Combined security and dependability evaluation, probabilistic approaches in security,
- Architecture of ICT systems (Emphasis on dependability issues)
- QoS in communication network and services.
- Computer communications, Special Issue on Reliable Network-based Services (RNS)
- Networking 2014,
- 9th International Workshop on Rare Event Simulation,
- DRCN11 International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks,
- EURO NGI 2007 (Euro-NGI Conference on Next Generation Internet Networks.)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Assessing the service quality of an Internet path through end-to-end measurement. Computer Networks. vol. 70.
- (2014) Analysis of the effect of InfoRanking on content pollution in peer-to-peer systems. Security and Communication Networks. vol. 7 (4).
- (2013) SLA success probability assessment in networks with correlated failures. Computer Communications. vol. 36 (6).
- (2013) An Analysis of Interdomain Availability and Causes of Failures Based on Active Measurements. Telecommunications Systems. vol. 52 (2).
- (2012) Towards risk-aware communications networking. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 109.
- (2012) Characterization of Router and Link Failure Processes in UNINETT’s IP Backbone Network. International Journal of Space-Based and Situated Computing (IJSSC). vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Modeling Push-Based Live P2P Streaming by Stochastic Activity Networks. Journal of Digital Information Management. vol. 10 (4).
- (2012) Modeling Push-Based Live P2P Streaming by Stochastic Activity Networks. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 294.
- (2011) An Impact of Addressing Schemes on Routing Scalability. Journal of Communications and Networks. vol. 13 (6).
- (2011) Ant-Based Multipath Routing for Wireless Mesh Networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6625.
- (2011) Resilient Inter-Carrier Traffic Engineering for Internet Peering Interconnections. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. vol. 8 (4).
- (2010) Guaranteeing Service Availability in SLAs; a Study of the Risk Associated with Contract Period and Failure Process. IEEE Latin America Transactions. vol. 8 (4).
- (2010) Ensuring Fast Adaptation in an Ant-Based Path Management System. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering. vol. 39.
- (2010) Opportunistic Ant-Based Path Management for Wireless Mesh Networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6234.
- (2009) Comparison of the Beta and the Hidden Markov Models of Trust in Dynamic Environments. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology.
- (2009) Revisiting the Auto-Regressive Functions of the Cross-Entropy Ant System. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2008) The Cross Entropy Ant System for Network Path Management. Telektronikk. vol. 104 (1).
- (2008) Jgroup/ARM: a distributed object group platform with autonomous replication management. Software, practice & experience. vol. 38 (9).
- (2008) Jgroup/ARM: a distributed object group platform with autonomous replication management. Software, practice & experience. vol. 38.
- (2007) A Survey of Resilience Differentiation Frameworks in Communication Networks. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. vol. 9 (4).