Postal addressDepartment of Energy and Process Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Carlos Alberto Dorao
Background and activities
I am Professor at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
My research interests cover heat and mass transfer issues related to the development of more efficient processes, and multiphase and multicomponent separation issues related to the oil and gas industry.
I was born in Aguilares (Tucumán), Argentina. I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from NTNU.
Awards and Grants
- ExxonMobil Corporation: Award for best Ph.D degree in basic research (2006)
- Faculty-prize for best Ph.D degree (2006). Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Grant from the National Commission of Atomic Energy Schilarship (1997-2002), Argentina
Awards and Grants
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Numerical study of heat and mass transfer of binary mixtures condensation in mini-channels ☆. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. volum 58.
- (2014) Numerical Simulation of Evaporation Process of Two-Phase Flow in Small-Diameter Channels. Heat Transfer Engineering. volum 35 (5).
- (2014) Experimental parametric study of the pressure drop characteristic curve in a horizontal boiling channel. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. volum 52.
- (2014) Experimental results on boiling heat transfer coefficient, frictional pressure drop and flow patterns for R134a at a saturation temperature of 34°C. International journal of refrigeration. volum 40.
- (2013) Least-Squares Spectral Method for the solution of a fractional advection-dispersion equation. Journal of Computational Physics. volum 232 (1).
- (2013) Decision-making in the oil and gas projects based on game theory: Conceptual process design. Energy Conversion and Management. volum 66.
- (2013) On the conceptual design of pre-cooling stage of LNG plants using propane or an ethane/propane mixture. Energy Conversion and Management. volum 65.
- (2013) Conceptual analysis of the precooling stage for LNG processes. Energy Conversion and Management. volum 66.
- (2013) Numerical analysis of pressure drop oscillations in parallel channels. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. volum 56.
- (2013) On the influence of heat flux updating during pressure drop oscillations - A numerical analysis. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. volum 63.
- (2012) Modeling of fractional diffusion on a catalytic particle under different flow conditions. Defect and Diffusion Forum. volum 323-325.
- (2012) Consensual decision-making model based on game theory for LNG processes. Energy Conversion and Management. volum 64.
- (2012) Dispersion phenomena in gas liquid systems. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. volum 5.
- (2012) Population Balance Model for Batch Gravity Separation of Crude Oil and Water Emulsions. Part II: Comparison to Experimental Crude Oil Separation Data. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. volum 33 (4).
- (2012) Review on pressure drop oscillations in boiling systems. Nuclear Engineering and Design. volum 250.
- (2012) Study of the influence of axial conduction in a boiling heated pipe. Chemical engineering research & design. volum 90 (9).
- (2012) Two-Phase Flow Instabilities in Boiling and Condensing Systems. Journal of Power and Energy Systems. volum 6 (2).
- (2011) EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF THE PRECOOLING STAGE FOR LNG PROCESSES. Actes du ... Congrès international du froid. volum 23.
- (2011) Simulation of transients in natural gas pipelines. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. volum 3 (1).
- (2011) The least squares spectral element method for the Cahn-Hilliard equation. Applied Mathematical Modelling. volum 35 (2).