Background and activities
I am Professor at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
My research interests cover heat and mass transfer issues related to the development of more efficient processes, and multiphase and multicomponent separation issues related to the oil and gas industry.
I was born in Aguilares (Tucumán), Argentina. I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from NTNU.
Awards and Grants
- ExxonMobil Corporation: Award for best Ph.D degree in basic research (2006)
- Faculty-prize for best Ph.D degree (2006). Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Grant from the National Commission of Atomic Energy Schilarship (1997-2002), Argentina
Awards and Grants
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A numerical investigation of flow boiling of non-azeotropic and near-azeotropic binary mixtures. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 49.
- (2015) Modeling of annular-mist flow during mixtures boiling. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 91.
- (2015) Numerical study of the condensation length of binary zeotropic mixtures. Energy Procedia. vol. 64.
- (2015) Effect of inlet pressure and temperature on density wave oscillations in a horizontal channel. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 134.
- (2015) Experimental and numerical study of single-phase pressure drop in downhole shut-in valve. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 22.
- (2015) Experimental and numerical study of two-phase pressure drop in downhole shut-in valve with Unified Comprehensive Model formulation. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 23.
- (2015) Multiphase flow in complex valve geometry. Energy Procedia.
- (2015) Novel approach for modeling the dynamic of finer breakage in polymer matrix during capillary extrusion. Advances in Polymer Technology.
- (2015) Experimental study of the heat transfer coefficient deterioration during density wave oscillations. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 132.
- (2014) Numerical study of heat and mass transfer of binary mixtures condensation in mini-channels ☆. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 58.
- (2014) Simulation Of Binary Mixtures Condensation Using Higher Order Methods. WIT Transactions on Engineering Sciences. vol. 83.
- (2014) Experimental study of density wave oscillations in horizontal, straight tube evaporator. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1592.
- (2014) Controlling micro-sized droplet generation using electrical pulses for studying liquid-liquid systems. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1592.
- (2014) Numerical Simulation of Evaporation Process of Two-Phase Flow in Small-Diameter Channels. Heat Transfer Engineering. vol. 35 (5).
- (2014) Experimental parametric study of the pressure drop characteristic curve in a horizontal boiling channel. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. vol. 52.
- (2014) Experimental results on boiling heat transfer coefficient, frictional pressure drop and flow patterns for R134a at a saturation temperature of 34°C. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 40.
- (2014) Experimental study of pressure drop oscillations in parallel horizontal channels. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. vol. 50.
- (2013) Least-Squares Spectral Method for the solution of a fractional advection-dispersion equation. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 232 (1).
- (2013) Decision-making in the oil and gas projects based on game theory: Conceptual process design. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 66.
- (2013) On the conceptual design of pre-cooling stage of LNG plants using propane or an ethane/propane mixture. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 65.