Background and activities
Dr. Dirk Ahlers has been an ERCIM Marie Curie postdoctoral fellow at the Data and Information Management group and is currently a research scientist in the Information Systems group working on Urban Intelligence, knowledge management, mobility and geospatial analysis, Smart Cities, and emission monitoring systems.
His research interests are Geospatial Retrieval, Information Retrieval, Web Mining, Search Engines, Information Access, Mobile, and Everything Geo.
You can find him at Geo: N 63.417053 E 10.402551
He is organizing the CS3CS — Workshop on City Strategies for Smart Sustainable Climate Solutions in Trondheim and is the co-chair of the LocWeb - Location and the Web workshop series.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Supporting Municipal Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Inventories Using Business Process Modeling: A Case Study of Trondheim Municipality. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 281.
- (2017) Investigating contextual ontologies and document corpus characteristics for information access in engineering settings. Journal of IT Cases and Applications. vol. 19 (1).
- (2016) Visualizing a city within a city – Mapping mobility within a university campus. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering. vol. 166.
- (2016) A Measurement-Driven Approach to Understand Urban Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Nordic Cities. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2016) Training on the Job: Learning While Searching in an Engineering Workplace. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1647.
- (2016) Report on the Sixth International Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2016). SIGIR Forum. vol. 50 (2).
- (2015) Surveying GeoNames Gazetteer Data for the Nordic Countries. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2015) Document and Corpus Quality Challenges for Knowledge Management in Engineering Enterprises. ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality. vol. 6 (4).
- (2015) Report on the Fifth Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2015). SIGIR Forum. vol. 49 (2).
- (2015) Report on the Fourth Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2014). SIGIR Forum. vol. 49 (1).
- (2015) Open, Autonomous Digital Ecosystems – How to Create and Evolve Trustworthy Systems of Systems?. ERCIM News.
- (2014) Applying Geographic Information Retrieval — An Experience Report on Developing Local Search for a Developing Country. Datenbank-Spektrum. vol. 14 (1).
- (2014) Semantic social recommendations in knowledge-based engineering. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1210.
- (2012) Multi-source entity-based conflation for local search. Revista Colombiana de Computación - RCC. vol. 13 (2).
- (2017) LocWeb '17: Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Location and the Web}. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2017. ISBN 978-1-4503-4914-7.
- (2014) LocWeb '14 — Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Location and the Web. ACM Digital Library. 2014. ISBN 978-1-4503-1459-6.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Visualizing a City Within a City — Mapping Mobility Within a University Campus. Smart City 360°.
- (2016) Understanding Smart Cities as Social Machines. WWW '16 Companion Proceedings of the 25th International Conference Companion on World Wide Web.
- (2016) LocWeb '16 — Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Location and the Web. WWW '16 Companion Proceedings of the 25th International Conference Companion on World Wide Web.
- (2016) Ducky: An Online Engagement Platform for Climate Communication. Proceedings of the 9th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, NordiCHI '16.